Price Help

David Brown

I seem to recall that this model was made exclusively for The Caterpillar Collectors Club of Ohio and were limited. The one I have is in its box with its display case and at the time I bought it, when they were first issued, I found it in an obscure listing title on eBay and secured it for £20. Those that were listed in 'diecast and models' on eBay at that time were mostly on 'buy it now' format for between £65 and £80. I would think that a complete as new still in the box and perspex display case example would be worth anything above £100 but it's like everything, depends what anyone is prepared to pay. Must say though that it is a cracking detailed and very heavy model especially good with the individually pinned metal tracks.

Thanks Tim, I got it when they were first issued as well can't remember what I paid for it at the time its a very detailed model and yes heavy.

I am not sure if anyone here would be interested in it as its a crawler and not a Tractor but open to offers of sale or trade.

Nothing wrong with crawler tractor models, in fact I'd go as far as saying that this particular model is one of the best I've seen to date and being made for a particular Club and US market there weren't an awful number that washed up on these shores. Desirability and true value can probably only be acertained in how many are still in circulation on the market and length of time past since released. I'm predicting that it will sell very quickly.

Luke thanks its in the attic I will have to get it out I have not got it out for a good couple of years

I have however seen them on sale but not with display case included.

I will look it up again but I remember it being listed as including a case. When I looked it up there were two models, one was painted grey and one was cat yellow. Either way they looked like a couple of very impressive models.