Some Buildings That Arrived Today!

Farmyard photo #1: I don't know

Cottage photo #2: I have several made by the same company, which I'm fairly sure was Peacock & Co @ 2 Prebend Street, Islington until 1931,

when moved to 175-179 St John's Street.

Taken over by Chad Valley in 1934, but continued to use Peacock name for some ranges until 1970.

The farm buildings were a tiny part of their range of toys. They're probably best known for jigsaw puzzles.

Farmyard photo #1: I don't know

Cottage photo #2: I have several made by the same company, which I'm fairly sure was Peacock & Co @ 2 Prebend Street, Islington until 1931,

when moved to 175-179 St John's Street.

Taken over by Chad Valley in 1934, but continued to use Peacock name for some ranges until 1970.

The farm buildings were a tiny part of their range of toys. They're probably best known for jigsaw puzzles.

Brilliant! Thanks David.

Looking through my files of toy buildings, I've found one of the farmyards in the top photo (slight colour differences, but otherwise identical).

Vectis auction 21 March 2012 Lot 597

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=443859

The people at Vectis don't know who made it either, giving their usual description of such things, "Unconfirmed Maker similar to Hugar"

(It isn't Hugar)