Very clear skies here today and looking to the South the moon was well up so I thought I'd attemt to take a picture of it. Think it came out quite well with the new Lumix camera on full zoom.

P1000012.jpg

Just had to change the hue and heighten the contrast a little to get a better definition of the moon, had to choose my moment as the sun at this time, around 3.30pm was still a little high and the moon looked a little pale but another hour and the moon would have dissapeared under the horizon.

That is a nice shot must be a super camera and also confirms my theory after dealing with Sean that Devon is not the end of the world but you can see it from there... :)

The camera is pretty impressive Rick, it's the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 digital camera that has a lot of features that a DSLR has. The optical zoom on it is 20x, it will even take 3D pictures. Take a look at the specs for it on the Panasonic site, not that I wish to advertise but in my opinion one of the best digital cameras produced to date.

This evening the skies are clear again and the moon is now about 1/2 and has turned slightly revealing some deep shaddowy craters. I managed to get a bit more zoom out of the camera this time, an improvement on my first attempt, used a different setting and instead of the 20x zoom that's stated in the manual this was 42x zoom. Will wait until it's about 3/4 before I take another picture of it.Moon3.jpg

Edited by powerrabbit

Now that the sun is going down the moon is showing a little more definition. You're all probably getting bored by now but I'm still experimenting with the new camera and hopefully taking better shots as I'm getting to grips with it. This one taken at 8.24pm I think is the best shot so far.

Moon4.jpg