non payer on ebay

dm434

Hi

I sold a britains post hole digger that i had converted to mf livery yesterday. The winner was from Belgium and was a new buyer.

I asked him to use paypal as a prefered method of payment but he asked for my bank account numbers instead of which i refused. Their reply to this was can not pay.

I guess my next course of action is to report them to ebay so they wont charge me for a sale that fell flat on its face . >:(

Has anyone else had a bad experiance on ebay?

thanks for your replies, fortunatly it was a free listing but all the same a final end price has a charge that i will contend.

it really bugs me that people do this , my wife instantly said it was a scam to get hold of my bank details, it prob was but at least i had sense not to hand it over

Just follow the Non-Paying Bidder process and you'll get the Final Fees refunded. I think it takes around 4 days after you've reported it to finish the process and close everything so eBay refund you.

Take a look here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Its not an uncommon problem I usually get one or two every month.

You can also choose to cancel the transaction,

This gives you options (e.g buyer wants to cancel sale, the seller wants to cancel the sale etc) straight away rather than having to wait for several weeks to get fee back

The only down side to this is it relies on the buyer accepting to cancel the transaction otherwise you can't get a refund on final value fee (might be awkward due to buyer being from Belgium)

If he wants to pay via bank transfer it shouldn't cause you a problem. We use international bank transfer all the time and it's as secure as any method (which is why your buyer maybe surprised by your reluctance to give him your account details). You need your BIC and IBAN number, plus account name and bank address, that's all (should all be on your bank statements). Make sure he pays you in GBP, or you'll have to pay currency exchange charges. I would have thought it's better than losing a sale and once you have it in-place as a payment option, anyone who buys from you in the future and wants to use bank transfer will receive your details automatically.

Hope this helps.