Real Tractor Conversions!

britainswomble

I don't know if this topic has been covered before, and I'm not sure if this is the correct place for it, but if the mods think it would be better somewhere else; then perhaps they could re-locate it for me. Over the years I've had yearnings to do unusual, or " tongue in cheek" type conversions to various tractors.

You've no doubt seen the Dexta with the V6 Granada engine on Youtube, the Fordson N with a diesel Montego engine, several Majors with V8 Perkins engines and even an International with a Scania engine.

I've had several ideas such as fitting a Rover V8 to a grey Fergy , which would probably have to have a steering damper fitted for road use. O0 My other dream was to fit a Perkins 6.354 (6 cylinder) in a Fordson Dexta, or a six cylinder conversion to a Ford 3000 / 3600. Shouldn't be too difficult to fit a TW10 engine....... should it? Just the job for a ploughing match!

What are your dreams, or ideas for something a bit different? How about a Howard Gem rotavator with a V twin Moto Guzzi motorcycle engine. That should speed the job up a little! ;)

To start the ball rolling; here are a couple or three photos of something different.

MasseyVolvo3.jpg

MasseyVolvo2.jpg

This stunning conversion was seen at the South of England Showground at Ardingly in East Sussex. Someone did a really neat job of installing a six cylinder Volvo truck engine into an MF 35. They also made a fantastic job of lengthening the bonnet and axle supports. Some may not like the idea of altering a tractor in this way; but it wouldn't put an end to returning it to its original form.

The next conversion was also seen in East Sussex. This was a lengthened MF 1200 converted into a timber forwarder. I don't know whether this was a one off, but it certainly looked to be a very useful bit of kit.

Massey1200logger.jpg

Here's another one of the more unusual conversions to a grey Fergy! Unusual; but I would imagine there were quite a few of these around golf courses in England. Probably still some in use!

Does anyone know why the tractor was set so low? Was it to improve stability or perhaps to try and avoid low flying golf balls? ;)

GolfCourseFergy.jpg