Insurance for brochure.

I just list mine on the standard household insurance (like my models). If the value doesn't get over a certain amount it's not worth insuring separately. You won't ever get the true value of all brochures in case it does end up in flames but it will help soften te pain. ::)

Your models, brochures, and any other collectables should be included in your house/contents insurance, but you need to tell the insurers about them, and give them total values for each collection. In case of a claim, they will probably require you have detailed lists and/or photographs of everything, preferably in duplicate, with the 2nd lists/photos stored elsewhere (in case you house burns down), perhaps at a friend/relatives house, or even just out in your garage (if its a separate building from your house). The insurers will need individual listing of your more valuable items (those worth over £1000 each?), and in the case of the brochures (probably not items they will have insured before) some evidence they're as valuable as you claim, say print outs of dealers' lists and/or ebay sales. The same will apply to an extent for your models, but not so much as insurance companies probably already cover lots of collections of vintage models/toys.   

Agree with all above. I gave my insurer a copy of an Excel sheet (helps me keep track of all the stuff tucked away in cupboards too!) listing all my models etc. with values. Their figure for an individual item value is £800. It didn't affect the premium. I also keep copies of things like that in my 'Dropbox' web folder.

Archived