I was wondering if any members on here have LPG as their Domestic Gas supply either on a metered estate or a tank in their back Garden. The reason for my interest is that I am on a metered estate of 8 houses, which are supplied from a large storage tank at the bottom of the road, and the supplier we are with is charging us 70pence a litre, which a neighbour of ours has been looking into, before we get the yearly pre winter rise, and he has found other suppliers quoting that they could supply us for as little 45pence a litre, which is a big difference. So he is on the case to see if anything can be done to remedy the situation. Under the LPG regulations if a person on a metered estate wants to shop round for a better deal they can do ,but if they want to move supply everyone else has to move as well, and consequently if one person signs up to a fixed price deal the whole estate is tied into that supplier until the deal finishes.

So what I am asking is if anyone is supplied LPG on a metered estate ,what are you paying, and who is the supplier, our supplier is Flogas. Any info would be much welcome.

tractorman314.

I would think that if all of you can get a better price deal then it would be in everyone's interest who are sharing to stay together and go for the cheaper rate, of course you'd all have to sit down together and have a discussion together with a representative of the supply Company to come to an agreed 'contract' and to find out what, if any, hidden costs there may be. Alternative would be to leave the shared tank, get yourself disconnected from it and go for bottled gas, my Brother uses bottled gas, the big red ones, not sure what it costs him but one large bottle lasts his family of 3 on a 4 burner and oven cooker between 10 and 11 months.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an underground bulk tank in the garden, I'm currently paying 39.67p per litre plus VAT from Flogas for one dwelling… you should be able to get a better deal, just be careful not to get tied into a contract longer than 12 months, a lot can happen in 12 months in the energy market.

Archived