Tudor Monestry Farm.

powerrabbit

New television series on Wednesdays BBC2 9.00pm. The team, well 2 of them, are back with farming in the 1500's, much more primitive than the previous 'Victorian Farm' and the last series 'Edwardian Farm'. This time they are in Sussex ploughing with Oxen, that's if they can catch them, building a pig shelter. First programme was on last Wednesday but available on the iPlayer.

New television series on Wednesdays BBC2 9.00pm. The team, well 2 of them, are back with farming in the 1500's, much more primitive than the previous 'Victorian Farm' and the last series 'Edwardian Farm'. This time they are in Sussex ploughing with Oxen, that's if they can catch them, building a pig shelter. First programme was on last Wednesday but available on the iPlayer.

The wattle and daub pig house was great. One thing I was a bit disappointed with was the lack of workers on the monastery farm; back then I imagine the fields and yards were full of farm hands, and these three looked like they needed a bit of backup for sowing, fence-making and other tasks (although having only the two Oxen didn't help matters, I wonder if the production team "helped" them out in getting the field ploughed?).

This particular 'farm' I believe they said was 38 acres, I don't think it would be big enough to sustain all that were sat around the table(s) in the farmhouse having their meal. Pig shelter looked a bit rough and ready but the piggies looked pretty comfortable and were using it.

Archived