Bamford Wuffler

Dan

I recently brought myself a Bamford Wuffler it has been sat in a shed unused for a number of years initial plans are to restore it. The colour is causing Me and Dad some confusion the machine in question is Ferguson Grey, the previous owner used it on his Grey Fergie so was it just a case of him painting it to mactch his Tractor. Or was there ever a Grey one ? I know there was a blue verion and the more common yellow. But the paint work on this looks very genuine not an average repaint.

006.jpg

We also got this tool with the machine we belive it has something too do with it but we don't know what its for. Any help would be much appreciated :)

P6290518.jpg

The Bamfords wuffler Dan was painted yellow with blue decals in the earlier years of their production but later painted blue with yellow decals. Not certain what the 'handle' is, you'd probably find that out from the operators hand book if you can find one, keep an eye out for one at the rallies and shows, there's someone that advertises machinery hand books in the Tractor and Machinery mag, might pay you to give him a call. 880 looks pretty good, quite fast on the road on it's original 32's to I reckon.

Thanks for the reply, yeah have been looking out for a manual will have to have a look in Tractor & machinery for that advert. Aye thanks the DB isn't too bad on the road don't think they look right on 28's either. I will have too update my DB topic when I get the chance.

Lot don't know that the 880 was factory supplied on 32's, 28's were an option, fast on the road with 32's but more grunt in the field on 28's.

• 4 months later...

Hi, the handle / lever in the picture is; from memory to lift the machines drawbar when you couple up to it. If my memory serves me well; it has a multi hole square support stand on the front of the hood. You use the tool with the curved bit facing upwards. The peg on the bar is inserted into the right of the (Facing the leg.) support leg below the main frame of the Wuffler, and it is used to jack up or lower the frame when hitching up.  You can move the support stand one hole at a time by re-positioning the pin through it!

This was Bamfords version of an economy quick operating jack. It could also have been used to help move the gearbox to re-tension the drive belt, but I've never had to adjust one. 

Hope you understand my explanation. Regards, Will.

Archived