Anybody know this chap?

It would seem that a tractor model collector has made the news but for the wrong reasons. Not for anything that he has done wrong but for the fact that he has been cheated by a dodgy seller on eBay

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-3069278/How-eBay-left-pocket-Goods-never-arrive-buyers-turn-fraudsters-customer-disputes-settled-computers.html

If he is not already on the forum we should invite him along as it sounds as if he has got quite a nice collection of older models

Very interesting article Mike. It seems by what the article says that the majority of those affected by this purchased or sold stuff outside the UK, something to  be cautious about perhaps? I have bought over 2000 items through eBay over several years now and I have always had a good outcome when things went pear shaped, seller not sending item or me not receiving an item, stuff does get lost in transit. If however I was contemplating the purchase of a high value item I would first see what that same or similar item was available for from other sources and go from there.

Archived