New DVD series: A year farming with Deere

With the days already getting shorter there will be plenty of long dark evenings ahead. There is still plenty of work ahead of course but I would just like to notify every farming enthusiast on here about a new DVD series that has been brought out this week: A year farming with Deere. The title says it all really although it should also appeal to people that don't have a strong connection with John Deere!

Here's a story behind the two part DVD:

This is a two-part DVD series following a year with contract farming operation Reed Agriculture. Based in North Suffolk, the business covers 3000 acres and uses almost exclusively John Deere machinery.

Interviews and narration describe more than 100 sequences over the course of the two programmes. Particular emphasis is placed on showing the impressive array of modern equipment used, with nearly 60 machines featured over both discs, including more than 40 tractors with examples from most of the popular John Deere ranges produced during the past 10 years.

The soil types are very variable, ranging from light sand to heavy clay, and consequently a wide variety of crops are grown including wheat, barley, oilseed rape, sugar beet, peas, grass, parsley, onions and potatoes.

It really is worth having a look into! If you're into machinery it is great but also if you want to know more details about modern arable farming I'd suggest you have a look. At £29,95 including postage for both DVD's (204 min of footage) you can't go wrong! Sorry for the shameless plug and advertising! I hope it's OK. It was filmed and edited by a good friend of mine and I don't get any commission for each disc he sells. I promise! He's done lots of great and interesting farming programs and has recently started marketing them through his own company. Previously this was done by Old Pond.

Have a look on the website for more info, pictures, a video clip and to order: http://www.anglianagrimedia.co.uk/yfwd.html

• 5 months later...

Archived