Terra-Gator 2104 - Injection

Deere-est

Spotted this the other eveing at the start of my nightshift. It was parked on the crest of a hill so I couldn't stop. This morning though, I finished work at 5am as it was getting light and headed up to the field for some photo's, the first is from the lorry cab the other evening. The rest are from this morning.

I don't know who's it is or what it is spreading. Can't even tell you how the sludge is getting to the field. There is a contractor within spitting distance of this field with a 4wheel Horsch so whether it is a recent aquisition of his I don't know. 04 reg and it doesn't appear to have had a hard life.

:) :)

The rear injection tool is a Kongskilde Vibro-Injector. Name says it all, it obviously vibrates to help the sludge through the nozzles and set it into the earth, 4m by the looks of it. I'd guess it is going in at 5 inches or so aswell. Pretty standard looking hitch on it.

:) :)

This is the primary loading arm. Pivots from the rear offside corner of the tank, left to right and up and down. Coupling is half a Bauer coupling of 6ins. Not sure if there is manual clasp on the female coupling or not as there was nothing there so he must be loading from tankers. There is an electro-hydraulic slider inside the tube, you can see the ram sticking out to the right. Looks like a favourite branch-banger!!

nice pics Tris, not seen one of those my way :(, only really the terra-gator lime spreaders :)

Same here Ben, only ever see them down here with the bio-solid bodies on them. Aoart from and old (old old old) Ag-Gator which injected on my old farm once in the nineties this is the only tanker body I have seen around I think.