Claas Lexion 760 with 30ft header

A month or so ago I had the chance to have a good look at a Wiking Claas Lexion 780tt and my impression was that it was way better than I had given it credit for, it was also a higher level of detail than my pretty good UH New Holland CR9080.  My two issues with it were the header at 40ft is just too big for my layout and secondly I still prefer wheels to tracks.  Then I saw Pauls 760tt with a 30ft header fitted to it and decided to price up a deal.   I got a 760 wheeled version plus forage header for 71 quid inc P+p  and the bargain 570 Tucano with 930 header from Claas online for 45 quid.

The easiest way to improve a claas model is spray paint the plastic red parts!  So I did, after I had beefed up all four wheels and tyres.   A bit of wear on the auger and a 2016 reg plate "et voila"

I'm pleased with how its turned out and glad Wiking do a 760 as theres a newish one up the road here on wheels with a 930 header!  A 770 or 80 just wouldn't wash on wheels as once you get above 35ft header you need tracks for stability.   I couldn't find a picture of a Lex 700 with R38 rims (New Holland do them) on it as most were R32s  so I'm not totally happy with my fronts.  The wheels on my CR9080 are 58mm diameter and just a bit too small for my taste, they need to be nearer 65mm like the Siku donor set on the 760.  Ive seen some at Farmmodels NL but they were 60.8mm still not quite big enough and far too expensive too import!!   Any other wheeled options I should know about??

P1060944.JPG

P1060942.JPG

P1060943.JPG

P1060945.JPG

Archived