Valtra wheel watch

b_emmons

I don't think theres much difference,  most new style "T" series have the same style with the silver wheelnut ring in the centre.    Only the black one on the Chafer sprayer differs and that appears to be the same style as used by Universal Hobbies  on their MF7499 without the bar axle.   In fact no bar axles on any new style Valtra Ts ive seen.

9 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I don't think theres much difference,  most new style "T" series have the same style with the silver wheelnut ring in the centre.    Only the black one on the Chafer sprayer differs and that appears to be the same style as used by Universal Hobbies  on their MF7499 without the bar axle.   In fact no bar axles on any new style Valtra Ts ive seen.

if you look carefully some have a one piece welded wheel rim, some have two part rims with centres and outer tyre mounting rim bolted together, some have curved/dished centres where it meets the rim and others are flat.

the hubs may all be the same with or without the silver ring, but the actual wheel assemblies are different even on the same models and so it makes the Wiking model ones just as correct as the UH model ones

The Wiking ones might well be based on the real thing but just like the wheels on their 7310R or 6930 they are inaccurately scaled,  although im sure most buyers couldn't care less.  Wiking have set a very high standard with their models in the past which has increasingly slipped in recent years imo.   Wiking Valtras are 36mm across, UHs are 34mm and are spot on scale wise.  That makes wikings an R40 rim if one even exists...……………...Their 7310R works out at R46s:blink:...…………..wiking have effectively merged with siku and that's why accuracy has dropped.

The flat 2mm edge on wiking fronts and rears on their Valtra look cheap and lack the finesse of UH versions and the tyre detailing is light years apart, UH have exquisite accuracy on the Valtra T3 tyres modelled on trelleborgs, whereas the Wiking versions are just numb in comparison.   To be honest even the wheels on the Britains Valtra are better detailed than wikings and for my next Valtra convo I will be using them.

I also like the Britains wheel and wonder if they will fit on the  Wiking T4's :)

Trying to work on a 3D render of the rim for printing my own rims so they are correct :)

I just cant afford to buy UH tractors to rip the wheels of them to correct the Wiking models :(

I might have a go at sanding/filing down the diameter of the outer rim of the Wiking model to see if it makes them look any better :)

Archived