Britains tractor lift linkage

Hair Bear

Hi,

Is there a way of improving the lift height on the MF590 and Ford 6600? The transport box appears wrong the other way. Put the box on the 590 and it barely lifts it off the carpet.

Any 'not too brutal' solutions out there?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Just reread my initial post - apologies, it didn't make a lot of sense.

I'm currently looking at an early 595 and a 6600 on the large rear tyres in comparison with the 135. The 135 lifts the box (early blue) really high (as per prototype), but the 595/6600 barely lift it off the floor. It's the same with the ploughs, the 135 lifts much better. I've flipped the headstock on the link box over and it kind of works obviously improves the lift but it's not ideal.

There must be a geometrical difference in the way the links work. I don't have the 6600 to hand at the moment but looking at the 595 the lower link rocker cant go any higher without trimming the tow pin, and the upper 'lift arms' are restricted by the lift lever.

My thoughts are to remove the lift links and lower rocker, use some controlled warmth on the rocker and adjust when pliable, then shorten the lift links to suit when it's reassembled.

It's daft I know, but at the moment the 595 is on the shelf here as a stand in for my 550 ('caus no one makes a 550 - yet), and looks kind of plausible parked next to a 1/24 Range Rover. I believe I measured out that the 1/32 595 would be a 1/28 550.