Question

Mike R

Today

I saw a Case quadtrac pulling 2 simba  solos along the main road towards Canterbury in Rush hour with about 50 cars behind it,

Is this normal i would not expect to see that type of tracked machine on the road.

I have spoke to a Case dealer regarding this - as this topic of Quadtracs on the road being legal has cropped up before.  The dealer assures me that the are legal on there own but towing something is a big question mark!  Its not that it hasn't been done.  Unfortunatly the only time these questions are answered is when a serious accident happens and the laws end up being fine tuned.  It was the same with the Fastracs when they first came out, laws were  made afterwards after a number of accidents.  You have to remember these machines are launched and general people out of the trade doesn't know how to clasify them and neither do the police so they ignore them until they have to!

As far as i'm aware a quadtrak is only classed as an agricultural vehicl and as so is allowed to tow the recomended weight behind it as long as it doesn't go above 22 miles an hour I may be wrong on that bit but the implements being towed should adhear to the laws of weight and braking so as for towing 2 solo's there may be a question mark on being over weight

I may be wrong but that is how i would interpret the law

Still a scary sight when you come face to face with one up a single track road though ;D

I'd like to see you reverse one of them with 2 solos on the back ;)

Today

I saw a Case quadtrac pulling 2 simba  solos along the main road towards Canterbury in Rush hour with about 50 cars behind it,

Is this normal i would not expect to see that type of tracked machine on the road.

hi

i saw one last summer on the road , pulling a simba solo and simba press , not going any distance , just fiels to feild about 1 mile

dave