Ford 6610 - Opinions on this one Please......

NewHolland2

go for the autotronic mart , , i'd be surprised if you'd ever have the need for datatronic as this really comes into it'self when using sprayers , drills . & any other precision implements , thats why there are more datatronic tractors in the arable areas , than down here in the predomitaly dairy area.

datatronic basically gives you information  on hectares covered , fuel used , set wheelslip , etc,etc

all handy stuff but not really of any use for the applications you want , of all the datatronic tractors i've driven , i've never felt the need to use it 

Thanks for the info Marcus......Autotronic sounds like the way to go......Datatronic sounds all well and good technology wise but it's just an extra thing to go wrong and cost to be fixed eh...... :);) ;)

Cheers Mate

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i know mart , if the datatronic is stuffed , it won't make any difference to the performance of the tractor itself , & 9 times out of 10 it just needs a replacement circuit board , & unlike 10 - 15 years ago it shouldn't be that expensive to replace.if you find that the hydraulics dont work one day , there's a reset button under the the cab on the n/s , thats not well known & have known many people waiting for someone to turn up just to press this magic button ! :D

if the gear sticks feel very slack, look under the cab to the linkage & you'll see two square headed bolts that hold the sticks in place , these have tapered ends , a 10mm spanner , will get them out & if not too worn , bit of locktite will solve that problem  ;)

if yer hydraulics , pto cut out & 4wd gets permanently engaged , a good whack with a 10 lb hammer on the side of the computer box (open o/s door & hit botton of cab )will solve the problem  till it's sorted ! :D :D :D :D

you shouldn't have this problem at this age though , (the one i drove was a very early model) :-\

quite honest mart the above happend with one tractor i drove , all the others were trouble free & performed well . ;):) :)

as far as i know mart , if the datatronic is stuffed , it won't make any difference to the performance of the tractor itself , & 9 times out of 10 it just needs a replacement circuit board , & unlike 10 - 15 years ago it shouldn't be that expensive to replace.if you find that the hydraulics dont work one day , there's a reset button under the the cab on the n/s , thats not well known & have known many people waiting for someone to turn up just to press this magic button ! :D

if the gear sticks feel very slack, look under the cab to the linkage & you'll see two square headed bolts that hold the sticks in place , these have tapered ends , a 10mm spanner , will get them out & if not too worn , bit of locktite will solve that problem  ;)

if yer hydraulics , pto cut out & 4wd gets permanently engaged , a good whack with a 10 lb hammer on the side of the computer box (open o/s door & hit botton of cab )will solve the problem  till it's sorted ! :D :D :D :D

you shouldn't have this problem at this age though , (the one i drove was a very early model) :-\

quite honest mart the above happend with one tractor i drove , all the others were trouble free & performed well . ;):) :)

Thanks Marcus, sounds like the tractor just needs a good whack if anything goes wrong...... :D;)

Seriosuly though, sounds like a reliable old horse...... ;)

So the deals on is it mart? good luck.

Not quite yet Ol as I've got a couple of possible Fords on the books too so holding out for them if possible, just waiting on details. The bloke who's selling the Massey hasn't replied to my e-mail so a phone call will have to be made for a couple of queries I think...... :)

Cheers Mate...... :);)