New Holland TX36

Guest KevinT

Guest KevinT

Got to ride in a New Holland TX36 for about 15 mins this afternoon. Apparently it has hydroshift?? Also it was a very poor field with a yield of 3 tons per acre.

I was surprised that the noise in the cab wasn't bad, but the vibrations were pretty horrendous. Did not know that there was a glass panel behind the driver so that you could see the tank filling up. They had made a small seat to fit over the arm controls. A bit small for my big a%^e but more comfortable than standing!

Did manage to take some photos but on a small 35mm camera so will have to wait for the pictures to come back before I can post them.

They were using two NH TM140 to cart the grain away. Leaving one at the end of the field for the combine to empty into and then swapping the trailers over as they only had one driver. Apparently not a lot of people down here empty on the move?

Turns out the combine driver was big model collector, mainly older Britains, did tell him about the site.

I suppose this is all pretty standard for the farmers amongst you but I was one very happy bunny!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Need to find a John Deere next! ;D ;D :D;);D:D;)

Hi Big Green Un. The new New Hollands also have the glass panel behind the driver to see the grain tank.

The harvest of the OSR field here was similar, one New Holland TM140 and two trailers, with the TM140 taking away the full one to the farmer's other farm and leaving the empty trailer behind.

TM140's I love them.  ;)

Cheers

NewHolland2

on the class dominator or the mega you had to look through the engine bay to see the grain tank

on my ancient laverda you know when the tank is full because it starts to run down your neck (no cab) ;D ;D

smurf

Guest KevinT

Had a visit to Kings Lynn at the weekend and spotted a bright green combine in the field, I think it had something like Agratech on it? Anyone know what it would have been. Definitely not a JD.

Guest KevinT

A bit difficult to see as it was dusk, but yes I think so. Thanks.

I like the idea of knowing the grain tank is full, by it running down your neck on older models of combine!!!  ;D:D

Managed to catch the last of the organic winter beans last week on the farm where I was for 45yrs. TF78 Elektra 370 bhp IVECO power. (Will have to wok out how to compress pics tomorrow as even one is 370kb). I was planning on takeing my 2 eldest lads over to see the 2 LEXION 580 Terra-Tracs at work together on Friday but the rain beat us, so at present I only have last years enprints-will they scan OK onto here?

• 2 weeks later...