Wheat drilling

Pingu

This is my boss and our partners drilling the last of next years wheat crop and to say its wet its an understatement this is the first time in the last 4 yrs to have heard this quadtrac actualy struggle and be brought to its knees, heres a list of machines being used

Case 9380 quadtrac - 11 furrow g&b plough

JD 8530 (on demo driven by my boss) - 7 furrow kverneland fully mounted plough

Fendt 818 - 4m kuhn accord drill

Renault 735rz - 3m kuhn accord combi drill

post-132-132638543313_thumb.jpg

post-132-13263854332_thumb.jpg

The JD 8530 which my boss has got on demo for a few days and is testing it on the plough which proved to be no struggle at all for it pity by the time i got back from college etc to give it a go one of the bolts holding the leg in place snapped >:( >:(>:(

post-132-132638543337_thumb.jpg

Some of your beter pic?s there Phill.

Seems odd to me that in the UK ppl don?t spread a base fert on before drilling or put any fert down the drill,the ground must have some grunt in it.

I think most people have good reserves of P & K but I apply maintenance after drilling in Autumn on pre-em marks to allow winter to wash it in, combine drilling is too slow nowadays. Probably cereals don't take out as much as your root crops, Ol.

Very sound words John,I enjoy reading what you have to say about cropping.

800kg\ha of urea plus the base fert to grow a good crop of wheat is not uncommon here.(that said there is already talk of the amount of fert being used coming under a new law because ppl think were are to heavy handed with fert)