Resin?

FW

Question

I have a couple of jobs for resin, but I am looking to lengthen a bonnet on a tractor. Would resin be the best thing to do, if the bonnet were to be cast and re-made a bit longer?  :-\ Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.  :)

12 answers to this question

just read my DAVID BROWN 1390 UPDATE in conversions it might help or TM810s massey conversions

Will  good luck with whatever you lengthen mate   ;)

:D :D :D

Oh dear didn't see that, better had change that! :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D

neither did I  ;D ;D ;D

im sooooooo tired never mind there are plenty of members on here who know allot more than me on lenghening bonnets

ive only realy dabbled with resin casts but the misus finds it a releif on the nights im working  ;D

The opposite reason as you.....  ::)

If its just one bonnet it would be easier to extend it with plasticard.  ;)

Yeah that sounds easier and cheaper, but would I be able to get it to the same level though without to much of a line? Oh and what would be the best way to extend the chasis?

Mmmm, 1455xl at a guess.  ;D

Depending how good a job you want to do, you'll most likely need two tractors to make one.  ;)

No, not yet I darn't make a mess of the beloved 956! Well yet  :D

No I was going to try and make a valtra T190 (as we now run one), out of Uh Valtra C as there isn't too much differace in size between the two tractors, when put side to side, although the T's are a fair bit longer.

Wow, thats ambitious! The C uses a different cab and a different chassis layout from the T series, so if you really want it accurate looking you'll have to think about those too.

Yeh your most likely to be right, I just wanted a project as I can't play rugby for another couple of weeks.  :)