Miscellaneous Live-Stock Pictures......

NewHolland2

Cheers Mart,

Do you normally keep the sheep inside or do you just construct pens inside a barn to keep them together before you sell them?

No worries Scott...... :)

Most of the ewes etc are kept up on the extensive area of hill behind the farm only being brought down before they lamb......

The year old lambs are kept inside for a shortish period of time before being weighed to sell them off just to keep them clean and tidy......

The tups are usually kept inside for a period of time and then put out into a paddock once the area is needed for penning the ewes that are about to lamb...... :)

Anymore questions mate, just ask...... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice sheep photos :) How many animals in the flock, and what breeds do you use?

Thanks...... :)

The first sheep pics are taken at the farm where I help out in Summer not the one where I work full time......There must be about 200 ewes in the flock I would guess I think along with around 10-15 tups......Can't remember off the top of my head since it's been a while since I've been up there......

Cheers MArt keep em coming  ;):)

No worries Scott......Will keep my eyes peeled for more good pics that I could snap...... :) :) ;)

• 2 weeks later...