Lackham 2007

Pingu

Been over 3 months since i have added to this so thought i would give an update on it all  :D :D

Well in the last 3 months we have done...... not alot due to the weather which has been horid we been doing mainly bits down the workshop, the personnel trailer is fully rebuilt for lambing weekend (next weekend), getting old landie running (not quite ready yet) and general odds and sods waiting for it to dry out a bit.

The muck spreading campaign has been postponed a total of 4 times now i think so getting a little annoying now, but with lambing weekend etc coming up were being kept busy, please come down to it if your in wiltshire area on the 17th and 18th March as will be a good day and i might be about if im not on a tractor which is a very unlikly :D :D

The deere 6220 bonnet early in the morning filling her up for the one day we went muck spreading :D :D

The merlo 34.7 at about 8 at night moving some pallets lets just say she's not bad but i've driven better :D :D

post-132-132638573776_thumb.jpg

post-132-13263857378_thumb.jpg

We've done odds and sods like been dehorning about 3 times so far which is good going for a NDFM :D :D  And first pic of what my mate drove to college last time we had dehorning when we had all the snow its the only way he could get into college :D :D

The college's NH TM140 and Claas ares 617 being used to move muckspreaders about while we were getting them ready for one of the attempts at muckspreading that hasnt happened :D

post-132-132638573783_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638573789_thumb.jpg

For any ex lackham students can anyone guess who was in the TW25 cab ::) ::):D :D

Well here is the trailer me and a mate rebuilt, had new sides, new front, new structure really, new floor, new steps, brakes been added and the wally light now works

Last pic for now the colleges MF 6490 before it went muck carting with me loading it and the NH TM190 (i drove for a while and hated) i was loading on the farms JCB 530-70 which desperatly needs more weight on the back i got used to 4 ton lift manitous with 1 ton counter balances on the back :-[:-[ :D :D

post-132-132638573794_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638573799_thumb.jpg

For any ex lackham students can anyone guess who was in the TW25 cab ::) ::):D :D

Well here is the trailer me and a mate rebuilt, had new sides, new front, new structure really, new floor, new steps, brakes been added and the wally light now works

Last pic for now the colleges MF 6490 before it went muck carting with me loading it and the NH TM190 (i drove for a while and hated) i was loading on the farms JCB 530-70 which desperatly needs more weight on the back i got used to 4 ton lift manitous with 1 ton counter balances on the back :-[:-[ :D :D

Dixon, has to be!!!

Nice pics Phil. Where did your mate have to drive from in the TW then? Bet that was a picture parked outside the coffeshop mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dixon, has to be!!!

Nice pics Phil. Where did your mate have to drive from in the TW then? Bet that was a picture parked outside the coffeshop mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D

And your 100% right :D :D

He drove from otherside devizes so a far distance and when he got here he crashed into the bike sheds braking/bending them a bit he just slid being that there so front heavy so that was hilarious he got a few looks thats for sure :D :D :D

Cheers ben erm can you please split new bits into a new bit called Lackham 2007 would be apreciated or any mods (Gav this is your section :D :D )

And no the merlo has no radio mart, none of the tractors have a radio only the TM190 and 6490 have radios :'( :'( :'(

And your 100% right :D :D

He drove from otherside devizes so a far distance and when he got here he crashed into the bike sheds braking/bending them a bit he just slid being that there so front heavy so that was hilarious he got a few looks thats for sure :D :D :D

Cheers ben erm can you please split new bits into a new bit called Lackham 2007 would be apreciated or any mods (Gav this is your section :D :D )

And no the merlo has no radio mart, none of the tractors have a radio only the TM190 and 6490 have radios :'( :'( :'(

not even the claas, deere and tm 140  ???

Nope none at all never came with them as the college didnt want us having them :'( :'( :'(

Thats why were forever being told off to get off the 2 way radios :D :D

Heres a video of us muckspreading

sorry about quality was done on a camera phone and it was foggy

Nope none at all never came with them as the college didnt want us having them :'( :'( :'(

Thats why were forever being told off to get off the 2 way radios :D :D

Heres a video of us muckspreading

sorry about quality was done on a camera phone and it was foggy

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I can understand that they might think you would spend too much time being distracted tuning them etc but really it doesn't take that long to turn a tuning or volume knob...... :D :D :D;)

Phil, when you say other side of Devizes where do you mean, he can't be far from me.

I dont know were exactly he is i will try and find out at some point ;)

Lackham, was that the place on Country File this morning? Liked the cheese maker, fine lass ;)

Yer exactly the same place they were showing all the NDA students mind you none of us NDFM :'( :'(

Just an update on all this, im staying all weekend at college to help with lambing weekend so if your here over the weekend i'll be the one with Phill on the back of my top :D :D  But main stuff been doing this week is topping some wheat stubble that is going to be used for ploughing marathon that is on 18-19th april, then today to keep our selfs busy me and a mate have been post banging on the colleges NH TM190 overkill to say the least :D :D :D

Found out yet?

Nope havnt had a chance to talk to him yet :D :D :D

Well heres the update with pictures.  First pic shows colleges NH TM190 on a post banger of all things overkill to say the least  :D :D :D

Second picture my steed for Sunday which was a JD 6920S with autopower for the tractor and trailer rides at lambing weekend, anyone here go???  Was a very good weekend and current figures say we had around 16,000 people :o :o :o

post-132-132638576722_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638576726_thumb.jpg

And these week after spending all weekend on tractor and trailer rides pretty much we managed finally to go muck spreading which turned into 3 very good enjoyable days starting at 8am and finishing at 7pm which was a better amount of time to do something.  In the end we managed to hire in a 12 ton teagle spreader and a 10 ton richard western one (the better of the 2) In the end we had 5 spreaders in total going the fleet was:-

Claas ares 617 and 12 ton teagle (brilliant combo the claas now running alot better noticed a difference i was on it all monday)

NH TM140 on 10 ton richard western (This was interesting it started on the 140 which then broke down midday monday due to all filters clogging up on transmission, so then the Ford 8670 came into replace it which after a few loads broke down to so for resta the time it was on the JD 6220)

JD 6220 on Tullow rotary spreader (changed to the NH TM140 after JD was moved and 140 was reparaired)

NH 8160 on the other tullow spreader (my main steed on tues and wednesday my old girl now :D :D :D )

MF 3065 on lil old marshall spreader

Merlo telehandler

Sanderson telehandler

post-132-132638576733_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638576736_thumb.jpg

The Claas doing what it did very well ;)

My main steed for a fair while must say shes not bad...... when the gearbox was working right and didnt fall out of calibration meaning i lost all gears :D :D :D

post-132-132638576739_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638576743_thumb.jpg

The other main NH we had being the TM140 which is still by far a gutless wonder with the JD running the Richard Western miles better

And the ageing Sanderson which performed amazingly well over the 3 days we had her and she didnt miss a beat

post-132-132638576746_thumb.jpg

post-132-132638576787_thumb.jpg

Nice pics Phill......Look at that 8160......How hard is it to sort that gearbox problem mate?  :) :) :);)

Just to recalibrate it mate which all in all isnt that hard ;) ;)  so she wasnt out of action long just annoyin having to stay in B range for a whole morning while trying to spread muck thick :D :D :D

Fantastic photo's Phil, you guys sure are lucky to have a college with such resources and contacts as Lackham at which to learn your trade. Fair play to the place, it was on the brink when I left. . .nothing to do with me I might add!!

Can't believe the old Sanderson is still going, is it as strong as ever?!!

Fantastic photo's Phil, you guys sure are lucky to have a college with such resources and contacts as Lackham at which to learn your trade. Fair play to the place, it was on the brink when I left. . .nothing to do with me I might add!!

Can't believe the old Sanderson is still going, is it as strong as ever?!!

I do think lackham is doing a very good job keeping going with still good resources which do start some fun convo with debates on what is the best :D :D :D

Sanderson is still as strong as ever she was filling the rotary spreaders all week and more than kept up so she did a mighty fine job ;D ;D