Farmer Will's Farming Diary '07

FW

Nope - looks like a waste of diesel to us over here  :D :D :D

Not at all! The benefit we find is the muck that was spread in the early spring, when rotted and then harrowed, breaks up the muck pulls out the dead grass and moss, so we can have cattle on it a month later, rather than having the field empty until the early summer. ;).....hence the cattle doing a lot better over here! :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd update you all of what I've been up to lately, other than doing exams and revision. :( (But only 8 more exams in 6 dats so getting there ;D)

Firstly is some pictures I took after getting our International 885XL ready for the silaging, so I had to take her for a spin........ ;)

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

Next up are some photo's I took yesterday of the hassle I had to go through to get the topper up the road, as it's too wide to get through the gate in the field and I'm only allowed to take 2.45m and the topper is 3m. Put it on their as an experiment really, but worked well, so will be doing it all summer I think. :)

Firstly all loaded and strapped, ready to go...... ;)

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

Finally, are some pictures I took last night of carting sheep away from the farm after beeing sheered......;)

DSC00826.jpg

And one of my bag's of wool which is worth b@gger all as ever these days, so about ?60 if I'm lucky which is ok I suppose, but when the shearer wants a ?36 cut from that, it is really bad. :( My Grandpa said he used to buy a new MF every other year with the wool money, back in the 60's and was really worth doing, but now it's a waste of effort. :( :'( :'(

DSC00827.jpg

Well that's it for now and much more to come next week when we start silage and then when I start my topping contracts. So as ever, please feel free to ask any questions. ;)