Fendt 716 Vario with Netagco Reekie Reliance De-Stoner......

NewHolland2

The hoppers on top of the destoner are for putting granular pesticide into the soil whilst destoning. These help to control soil bourne pests and diseases, the operator is required to have a PA4 certificate to use them though as they are deadly poisons, one that used to be used was called Temik 10g and one small grain of it, less than 1mm across could kill a sparrow :-\

The hoppers on top of the destoner are for putting granular pesticide into the soil whilst destoning. These help to control soil bourne pests and diseases, the operator is required to have a PA4 certificate to use them though as they are deadly poisons, one that used to be used was called Temik 10g and one small grain of it, less than 1mm across could kill a sparrow :-\

Thanks Gav...... :)

Sounds like pretty wild stuff...... :o :o ;)

Thanks Gav...... :)

Sounds like pretty wild stuff...... :o :o ;)

It is Martin, it was banned on sugarbeet two years ago but you could still use it on carrots and parsnips (work the logic out in that one ::) ), I did post some pictures of one of its replacements when I was drilling beet last spring, still just as evil :-\

Thanks for the information, Gav.  Sounds like very nasty stuff!

Thanks for the information, Gav.  Sounds like very nasty stuff!

No worries James, If you want to know more about the Vydate and the details and precautions in using it take a look at the link below, should give you an idea as to why I don't like it ;)

http://www.gbr.ag.dupont.com/common/uploaded_files/6610123/18_6610123_Vydate%2010G.pdf?productid=18

Seems like it could be a bit of a hazard if applied wrecklessly.  I note the precautions when using power harrows etc.  Thanks for the information!  :)

No worries James, If you want to know more about the Vydate and the details and precautions in using it take a look at the link below, should give you an idea as to why I don't like it ;)

http://www.gbr.ag.dupont.com/common/uploaded_files/6610123/18_6610123_Vydate%2010G.pdf?productid=18