My frst truckdriving job - in pics (and some from before that)

Deere-est

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r109/Deere-est/Agrivert/

I started with these guys as caual labour when i was still on the farm. Weekends, the odd week away etc. When I turned 21 I went on with them full time driving an 8 wheeler. A Scania 114c 340 with an Ali-Weld smooth sided bulk body, electric sheet and barn doors. We moved digested, raw and lime stabilised cake from sewage works under the Wessex Water contract. Our base and mainstay of the work was from Avonmouth sewage treatment works. Deliveries were made from Weston Super Mare south, Lambourn are to the east and Cheltenham - Stow in the north. Most were large farms taking from 2000t to 10000t of the stuff. A few just had between 500t and 2000t. We tipped all year round thanks to aluminium trackway laid down by EVE for us. Sometimes we hauled out of smaller works if the tractors and trailers couldn't keep up wit production. Bournemouths Berry Hill works was a regular for one or two of us to go down to. We spread almost throughout the year as well if it was dry, with TerraGator 2104 spreaders equipped with Tebbe tubs on the back. Twin horizontal beaters on to twin discs at a width of 12m and a rate of about 7t/acre I think. There were also a couple of Fendts with 14t trailed Tebbe's too, 514c I think they were.

Nice pictures Tris ;) ;) I can almost smell the Sh*t when looking at some of them ;D ;D

We hired a Manitou to a company spreading sludge cake and after the hire we sold it cause we couldn't get rid of the smell ::) ::)

I tell you what mate that doesn't surprise me one little bit!!! Our trucks were kept on the better side of life, they had to be to be in them all day 6 days a week. The JCB that was loading lime had to have new windows all round as they were caked solid in lime - it went like concrete and the acid we tried out to clean them melted the window rubbers!!!  :-[:D

This is the plant and what they use to get there cake to the farm where they store it :o :o apprantly if you hit the heap with the digger bucket after its layed for 2-3 years the smell is unreal :o :o :o :o :o

post-96-1326385980_thumb.jpg