Silaging in Buckinghamshire

Soilboy

MJB, the front linkage on the 7530 is intended for the buckrake but the chap who drives it finds it better on the back as it will lift higher and the tractor steers better.  Also we find you get just as sore a neck with it on the front as for every time you drive up the clamp you have to reverse back down it so you still end up looking over your shoulder as much!

CJ, we dont run front mowers because the mowers do get swopped between 7 or 8 different tractors at work through out the season and it would be expensive to have front links and PTO on them all.  Running two 3m mowers separately also lets us get more done as each mower can do 80-100 acres per day in good going and it gives us the ability to have mowers in two places at once which is important to us as we also do a lot of baling.

Regards

Pete

cheers pete makes scence now could you tell us what the whole fleet is plz  :)

CJ the fleet as it stands at the moment is,

1x Fendt 818

1x JD 7530

1x JD 7430

5x JD 6920S

1x JD 6920

1x JD 6320

1x JD 3350

1x JD 3650

Then we also have a JD 7400 chopper, 2x JD 2264 combines, a Lexion 560TT and a Massey 7274 Cerea combines, a Sands self propelled sprayer and 3x agribuggys for spraying, fert spreading and granule application.  We also got a JCB 531-70 Agri Super and JCB 525-67 loadalls.

Implements wise we have got 4 big square balers, a round baler, conventional baler, two mowers, rake, 4 seed drills, 14 trailers, 2 muckspreaders, slurry tanker and a few cultivators etc.

All in all its a nice lot of kit to work with with not much of it being over 4 years old.

Regards

Pete

Some more pics below of tractors that we have owned in the past few years but no longer are on the fleet.

yard2005a.jpg

Taken in May 2005 they are a 2005 MF6480, 2003 JD6320 and a 2003 JD6920S.

JD6900L.jpg

Taken in May 2004 this is an old 1998 model JD6900 that was sold in early 2005 and the last of the original 6000 series JD's we had.

JD6800trailer.jpg

Taken also in May 2004 this an old 1994 model JD6800 that got sold a few weeks after the picture was taken.

Will upload some more pictures of some more of our other kit some time soon.  If anyone would particularly like to see something then just ask as I have pictures of most of the stuff.

Regards

Pete

Hi what square balers do you run ,And how many a year do you with them ,And do you have a round wrapper ,And do you find that you have trouble with the wrap breaking as it it cutting on the 998 when it is sunny  :)

steve

Steve, we run four big square balers, 3 of which are Massey 185's and 1 Claas Quadrant 2100.  We do have a round wrapper which is a McHale HS2000.  I dont drive the square wrapper myself but I do believe that the driver has problems with the wrap breaking in sunny weather and also when the paint looses it shine on the cutting arms so he fits a set of sponges wrapped around each cutting arm which need soakig in water a few times a day and this keeps the arms moist and stops the film from sticking.

Have you got a 998 and big balers yourself steve?

Regards

Pete

Just a few then  ;D I also work for a contractor just bailing we run 3 class 2200 1 2100 1 welgar 4050 ,2 welgar round balers ,1 hs2000 ,and a 998 very intrested in the sponge and water idea we normally cover the arms in grease,Any chance of a pic of the sponges in place please ,I feel a mod is needed  ::)

many thanks steve

Very interesting mate, how many acres of sialge are you now covering? How does the fendt compare to the 7530 ???  Boss tryed one and said was nice but he'll stick with fendt?

Any chance of that offer still being open of popping up and seeing you now that the cars all sorted etc?