One for the classic fans: Making Hay in the beautyful Lower Rhine Area

• 2 weeks later...
PZ/ZWEEGERS "STREELLA" actually , we musn't confuse the youngsters ( ;):)) We had a new one in '77 and was still with us 'til the farm sale in '99, many welds, tines, springs & tyres later.

Is it a different model to the PZ Haybob, or just a different name for the same machine?

The same machine was later called, as you say, the PZ Haybob. I'm not sure if it had any minor design changes though. The "keel" board at the front being one of the major differences/benefits in design to other rotary tedders as a lump was thrown against it and "teased out" by the tines as opposed to being just whipped through still in a lump.

PZ/ZWEEGERS "STREELLA" actually , we musn't confuse the youngsters ( ;):)) We had a new one in '77 and was still with us 'til the farm sale in '99, many welds, tines, springs & tyres later.

Still got mine Nigel - does a good job as well  ;)

The same machine was later called, as you say, the PZ Haybob. I'm not sure if it had any minor design changes though. The "keel" board at the front being one of the major differences/benefits in design to other rotary tedders as a lump was thrown against it and "teased out" by the tines as opposed to being just whipped through still in a lump.

The company PZ is in Geldrop Holland - they produced various Haybobs from the original 280 (which you see above) the 360, 380, JH420  and finally the large 4 rotor DS5000

They also did the more recognised rakes and tedders you see today, also they produced some really stranges rakes which I have attached some photos along with the 4 rotor haybob.

The Vicon company then bought them who are based in Holland, they made the RC300 ,330 and 350 which had skids instead of wheels. 

The company decided to just stick with the Haybob 300 (new version of the 280) and the 360, the rest were dropped.

The differences from the 280 to the 300 are as follows

Made wider from 2.8m to 3m

New headstock to allow the machine to turn left and right instead of left only

new mounting to the main frame

And now finally the PZ was dropped and its now a Vicon Haybob300

As you may already know the Vicon company was then taken over and is now part of the Kverneland Group

haybob2.jpg

haybob3.jpg

haybob.jpg