McKeemur Farm & M.Murray contracts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

well not much happening on McKeemur Farm, just getting ready for spring drilling. so first we got two lorry loads of soil dumped off, then the 6820 and 7530 with kane trailer spread it out into the other field (notice the front linkage on the 7530 :P :P

DSCF0602.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0608.jpg

quick going other with the 5410

DSCF0609.jpg

still need more compost to dry out to lay more down

DSCF0610.jpg

then we loaded up 12 tonne of wheat to go up to the mill in the city 8)

DSCF0611.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

backing her in for the night ;)

DSCF0615.jpg

now all ready for the city in the morning ;)

DSCF0616.jpg

how was that? :-\

well thought ide give you a quick and boring update

the farm has 150 arces, 50 acres of grass for silage, 20 acres for grazing and watever and the rest is for barley and wheat. the farm also do contracting, we contract in ploughing, hedge cutting, drilling, muck and slurry spreading, some harvesting, and new to this season we hope to invest in a SP forage harvester with just a grass header, i think we're going for the britains 7500 :-\ we will also do over bits and bobs for other farmers.

the tractor fleet includes

JD 7530<<<me daddy :P

JD 6920s

JD 6820 with loader

JD 5410

we have a collection of old fords but dont intend to contract with them, they are 5000, 7000, 7600<<my favourite :P

we may buy in another 7530 for the fleet and maybe put a UH front linkage on it :-\

machinery update, we hope to buy another grain trailer, may just shorten a marston into a 9/10 tonne and paint it old fraser colours :-\ might buy in another silage trailer.

harvesters

MF 7200 combine, dont intend in replacing it, it's earning it's keep :D

we should have a JD 7500 SP silage harvester for silage 08!!! ;)

it's going to be a busy year, it'll need to be to pay off them sheds!!! :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

had a bit of a scare today, looked at my silage clamp and grass was scattered, and the first thing i thought was MICE and then a few words not suitable for ftf ::) then told dad about it, then he maybe thought it was birds... because there was not one mouse dropping about, so lucky it's only wee birds pecking :D :D

also, lost my pma top link!!!! >:( >:( cant find it anywhere!! luckily ive got the open ended one, but that will annoy me till i find it :'(

Archived