kverneland plough

texas

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The smallest Kverneland PB 100 that is made is a 5 furrow version, the largest 8 furrow.  Kverneland state is needs around 105 HP for the 5F upto 160 HP for the 8F.  The Agri-toy 7F needs 135 HP.

(Depending on your soil type of course?)  ;)

In profi this month there is article on Lemken tansanit plough with 7 slated mouldboards.  It states that for a standard mouldboard plough with 7 furrows such as PB100 you will need 225-250 hp ;)

Remember PB100 is a heavy tool and its got the vari width function!  So yes you could pull it at its closed setting with 140hp (provided you are working on the beach ;D)  but open the width of the plough and work on "mans land"  and you will need 250hp+  not only for power too pull it but also for tractor size &weight too keep plough in the ground :)  I have decided too upgrade the carpet farms existing JD7930(225HP) too the forthcomeing JD8330 (275hp) too perform plough pulling duties for 2008 :D  This tractor will certainly be "boss of the job"

In profi this month there is article on Lemken tansanit plough with 7 slated mouldboards.  It states that for a standard mouldboard plough with 7 furrows such as PB100 you will need 225-250 hp ;)

Remember PB100 is a heavy tool and its got the vari width function!  So yes you could pull it at its closed setting with 140hp (provided you are working on the beach ;D)  but open the width of the plough and work on "mans land"  and you will need 250hp+  not only for power too pull it but also for tractor size &weight too keep plough in the ground :)  I have decided too upgrade the carpet farms existing JD7930(225HP) too the forthcomeing JD8330 (275hp) too perform plough pulling duties for 2008 :D  This tractor will certainly be "boss of the job"

Agree with you 100 percent. On my farm you would need at least 250 hp to pull this thing trough the heavy clay we have got.

One local farmer on "fine sandy loam" is pulling a KV PB100 7 furrow plough with a JD6920 that I know has had nothing extra done to it's motor!!

[move]......Boys land as the English would call it..... [/move]

Similar where I used to work Ol, our contractor used to pull a PB100 ( ???) 6f semi mounted reversible on the lighter ground with a Ford 8340!! Used a big old 8630 on the heavier ground though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...