5150 and 5250

Kiwi6920

I think basicly they are the same tractor just badged 5250 for the states

That seems to be the case, if you'll excuse the pun, the 5150 and 5250 would appear to have virtually identical specs,{apart from very minor differences }. I think it is just down to the country of sale.

nice the 5120 and 5220 had the shorter bonnet, it was a 3.9 cummins for pot engine, they were a fantastic tractor

the 6pot 5.9 cummins was used in the rest of the range

the 5200 was the US machines, NZ got the 5100 series with plus and pro designations, i think the 5150 was 125 hp in plus and 132 in pro?

the last of the last of them had the MX lever in the cab for the gears,

the early 5100 maxxums had no neutral on the shuttle, steel in the bottom of the doors as apposed to a full glass door, and all tractors after 1993? had a 8in higher cab for better visibility

physical dimensions of the 5130-5150 were similar, just tire sizes.......rim sizes were the same i think (5130 had 28'' on the front)

spent many hours on a 5150 with 24-32 tires( i think it was suppose to have 18.4-34 on back) on the back the farmer fitted i think, 420? or 480? -28's on the front....

the pic is of a 5120 i spent time on, great tractor, it has a pearson quicktach dozer blade convered to push corn into the drag chain in the Hienz-Watties corn factory in gisborne, before they demolished it

anyway, answer your question, yes, you can change the badge of a 5250 to a 5130, and no one will know but you

post-1303-132638683736_thumb.jpg