At work with KIWINZ

KIWINZ

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i tink your all ganging up on me due to my country of origion!!!!!!

and as for the sp mistake i believe you cant get a numpty for that so that is one for you rich!!!

and as for the origional sp mistake i think you will find its been changed so the only thing to worry about is the copy of them in the quotes i am sh!t at easy words but im good at more difficult ones!!! i had to ask how to spell the, the otherday as my memory blanked!!!! :D :D :D

well i tink your all ganging up on me due to my country of origion!!!!!!

and as for the sp mistake i believe you cant get a numpty for that so that is one for you rich!!!

and as for the origional sp mistake i think you will find its been changed so the only thing to worry about is the copy of them in the quotes i am sh!t at easy words but im good at more difficult ones!!! i had to ask how to spell the, the otherday as my memory blanked!!!! :D :D :D

They dont pick on me or pud so i cant see why they would start on you

yeah but there isnt much to do so im biding the time!!!!

you just reminded a little up date for on the farm some sad news the jd has died its at the bibury chris tallis branch the gear and some other stuff dont know a waiting the autopsy results will be all stiched and back with us next week though!!!!

well the first day work which was last sunday!!!

its a beast 20in bar

DSC00033.jpg

the bosses truck

DSC00034.jpg

the mf used for moving logs whole or split

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

very basic can only get in one door

DSC00042.jpg

like the gearbox left is back right is forward and middle is revs!

DSC00043.jpg

it pays well

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

what you think???

the procesor

capeable of dong at least 20tons of wood on a good day!!!

load on

DSC00044.jpg

this picks them up

DSC00045.jpg

allong here

DSC00046.jpg

on here

DSC00047.jpg

then the saw comes down to cut it to the selected length done by a lazer so its very accurate

DSC00048.jpg

then falls on to here then the block at the end comes allong

DSC00050.jpg

and pushes on to here to split it

DSC00049.jpg

then up the convayer

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

there are three shape splitters

one on the processor

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

its all powered by this

DSC00054.jpg

you start with this

DSC00057.jpg

and end up with this

DSC00053.jpg

what you think???

a little up date from on the farm mucking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jd was parked up and clean

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

the tl which i was driving

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

they all look happy

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

and not camera shy

DSC00089.jpg

she now has 50 hr on her so shes had the 50 hr service

DSC00090.jpg

the wheels are turned round as it had to be narrowed to go in the passages at the dairy as the mf 390's stub axle broke we normally swap the weels from left to right and right to left so the tread is the correct way but as we were in a rush we didnt!!!!

what you think???

Looks good, nothing better than cutting up logs on a cold day. I just hope that HSE don't come creeping around or you don't have a mishap with the chain saw as it's actually breaking the law for you to be using it at your age. You also need a maintainence and cross-cutting certificate as you are being paid for it, went through all this in the past when I was using them in my job

Looks like a good job mate, That ant a saw your using, I have a Husky with 26in bar, im doubble cutting the logs at the momnet and still not cutting all the log, have to rip cut the ring 3 times then the worker cuts it smaller to be lifted, horrid job personlay

itd just the logs that have accumulated as they wont process!!!

was wearing all the saftey gear so it wasnt to bad and my dad has showen me all the correct thinsg to do!!! im sensable with it!!!

whats the difference as any old numpty can pop into homebase or focus and buy a chain saw and cut there leg off with it and theres no problem were as im compatent with it!! its the government trying to cut back on farmers again!!!!

was wearing all the saftey gear so it wasnt to bad and my dad has showen me all the correct thinsg to do!!! im sensable with it!!!

whats the difference as any old numpty can pop into homebase or focus and buy a chain saw and cut there leg off with it and theres no problem were as im compatent with it!! its the government trying to cut back on farmers again!!!!

those courses are for people that use chainsaws in their work, we've got one, rarely use it but we dont have to do course to use it. plus the fact that your under aged and dont have any qualifications and if anything was to happen to you, there would be serious trouble with your boss ;)

You can be as sensible as you like, the fact is as its being used for business purposes you have to have a certificate for it, its a 3 day course dealing with the safety and maintainence side of things as well as logging. A farm locally here had this as one of their failings and ended up with a fine over ?100,000 from HSE.

This is what HSE says:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg317.pdf

To my mind a chainsaw is the most dangerous piece of hand held kit there is,myself and many others think the sale of them to people without some form of training should be prohibited. Would you know when the chain and bar is worn beyond tolerances without the training?

You can be as sensible as you like, the fact is as its being used for business purposes you have to have a certificate for it, its a 3 day course dealing with the safety and maintainence side of things as well as logging. A farm locally here had this as one of their failings and ended up with a fine over ?100,000 from HSE.

This is what HSE says:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg317.pdf

To my mind a chainsaw is the most dangerous piece of hand held kit there is,myself and many others think the sale of them to people without some form of training should be prohibited. Would you know when the chain and bar is worn beyond tolerances without the training?

They are more dangerous than a nutter with a machine gun, I got hit by another branch the other day ( cut by my worker) and it knocked my bar in to my chaps, just as i was postiog for a new cut, Im happy i was wearing them and hit the chain brake, I have to get new chaps now, My uncle hit a nail in the middle of a tree, he can only see out of his left eye and cant smell or talk properly now, Chain snaped and did majour nerve damage to the right side of his face, ( back in 1960-70)

wont happen again i only had a 5 second go no harm done never again till ive done the course at collage

you also have to look at it from a non farm point of view like i said think im a towny and its for me next door nabier thats ok kinda!!

well the bar will bur over if not turned regularly and filed off and the chain wont cut no matter how sharp it is if the gides arnt brought down!!! and if the bar is worn down to much the chain wont sit flush against end of the bar!!!!

dont wory just thought you lot would be interested in my new job

everyone twists HSE every now and then, from no gogels to driving on the road with no licence a few of you youngens admitted that a few weeks ago!!!!

even when i do get the licence dont think i will use it

sorry to hear tha nick

were does it say i used the chain saw i was using a hand saw!!!! very hard work all in all for what it acchieves!!!! i think some one jumped to conclusion and thought i used it for a while!!!! just thought i would put yuo all straight so i dont get into trouble!!!!

hope this helps!!!

were does it say i used the chain saw i was using a hand saw!!!! very hard work all in all for what it acchieves!!!! i think some one jumped to conclusion and thought i used it for a while!!!! just thought i would put yuo all straight so i dont get into trouble!!!!

hope this helps!!!

im not saying anything about your day its just my opinion overall  ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

not much happening latley im off to work on the easter holls been asked to drive a tractor with log tralier on the back and sort of high-ab on the back and grab picking up the logs and stacking them into bigger piles like what you see in the forestery!!!!!!!!