farm yard demolition

civilpek

heres some pics of what im at these days

alot of the tracks and stuff were over grown and the slurry pit was full of top soil and holding pins were full of gravel so all that had to be cleared first, borrowed the landini from a friend of mine and had a 6800 from the guy i worked with in the summer, the 6800 was a bit small for the nc

post-24-132638688373_thumb.jpg

post-24-132638688376_thumb.jpg

It looks to me like that new toy of your's is earning it's keep Alan!

:D well its keeping me busy anyway and tis way nicer being your own  boss :P at the moment anyway since all seems to be going good! (touch wood). diesel cost is the biggest expense at the moment. most of the yard is gone now left the sheds standing for another while for storage but theyll be all going. moved across the road yesterday and started clearing that site, but a heavy night out with  the lads last night has put a halt to digging today  :P thats one of the perks over working for someone i can take it off when i want

looking very busy there alan try a toothed bucket on the walls  ;)

and be carfull with that pecker she will mess up that qhitch mate :'( ;) ;)

toothed bucket wouldnt really have worked either as there was so much steel thrown into that wall, the grandfather built it in the 60's and basically cut up and fired in any steel that was lying around the place you know old machinery etc so twas strong out. the part that came way only did so cos there was  top soil banked against the side with a few years so damp got in and weakened the wall and there was no steel in that section for some reason.

your right about the hitch though, i dont really like putting the breaker on it really but didnt have much of a choice i hired it from another contractor and its actually ment for a 13 tonne machine i think  so i defidently wont be making a habit of it

tidy digger alan no sentimental feelins about tearin the yard down then??  ;)

o there was boy lots  :'( but tis all in the name of progress as they say, the actual yard hasnt really been used much in a farming context with around the last 10 years so it was starting to show signs of neglect (in other words it was in a sorry state  ;) ) what will be there in its place should be good though and we are keeping the traditional look and style of course. plus it beats building on a nice green field  :o>:(

Very nice pics Alan, dont you hate jumping out of the tractor and having to climb the pile evey time to load up?? thats the worst part for mr carting gravel

thanks,

i just jumped off that time to take the pic but none of that heap is drawn away yet must clear another site first and it will be used as a foundation to a road then. theres a heap around the back of the shed about five times the size of that heap the machine is on so ud be fairly wrecked going from digge rto tractor all the time. when we do draw it there will be a few tractor drawing and il stay in the digger  ;)