1/32 Melroe Spra-Coupe 7650

Simon

I've acquired one of these self propelled sprayers.

Quite rare, dealer boxed model in 1/32nd scale, commissioned by Agco.

Would anyone like to buy it after I've reviewed it for the magazine?

PM if you want to know more....

Simon

post-1414-132638692492_thumb.jpg

Now Simon as deputy dog editor of MF I insist you send me the replica and the article for my review which will take about six months since my hand is still in a cast....... ::) ::)::)  then I will decide how news worthy this replica could be..... :D :D

Now Simon as deputy dog editor of MF I insist you send me the replica and the article for my review which will take about six months since my hand is still in a cast....... ::) ::)::)  then I will decide how news worthy this replica could be..... :D :D

Judging by your pseudo-authoratative requisition request Rick, I can only assume it must be a little bit review worthy.......!!!

Here it is. . Eagle 3600

That's a Willmar isn't it?

I've been researching this for the article. I already know that the Spra Coupe was produced by Melroe [bobcat parent, bought out by Ingersoll Rand] and was the compact SP sprayer. Willmar machines seem to be the higher capacity end of the market.

The only other thing I know about Willmar is that along with Spra Coupe they have been acquired by Agco and they are sharing the soon to be launched spracoupe.agcocorp website.

You'll have to get a subscription for Model Farmer if you want to know more.......!

• 2 weeks later...

here are my old Spra-Coupe models. The new 7650 has not arrived yet. Just give me about 2-4 days, and it should be up.

But the models I own so far are the 1/32 Melroe 3630, and the 1/16 Melroe 220.

the 3630:

dc0370f8.jpg

IM000811.jpg

the 220:

IM000814.jpg

IM000816.jpg

I always wanted to buy one of these models because they were different but their complete lack of detail prevented me. I can not believe they didn't at least fake some hoses or nozzels on the 1/16 220 :(

This new version still lacks a lot of detail. Maybe I am just spoiled by the UH sprayer :-\

Yeah, they have a great lack of detail. I believe they were both made in the early 90's, so the detail on the 1/32 3630 was pretty good for its time. However the 1/16 220 could have been much better. It wouldn't be to hard to add some small black hoses to it...just to make it look better. Anyone could do a nice custon detail job on it. ;). As for the UH Tecnoma...it has so much detail, I could not beleive it when I first took mine out of the box! If only UH made these Spra-Coupe sprayers! ;D