Does anybody know about this mccormick?

Massey Boy

I was guna say Simon, how much did that dinky MF cost at the last April show cost? Was more than that for about four times as much model  :-\ ?4.99s a bargain  ;) Not quite my cup of tea however

This model was available not long after the McCormick tractors started to be made. They were supposedly only available through the McCormick dealerships as Cerebus claimed that they were the only lisenced producers of McCormick merchandise but this must have been a porkie as UH very soon started churning out McC models. There is another Cerebus produced McCormick in 1:16 scale that was very similar looking to the sort of models made by Bruder, would'nt be surprised if that's who made them. This one was the MTX 150 said now to be rare and was around ?22. The 1:32 model in question was around ?11.

Hi Some of these made the trip over to Canada and the local dealer had them which is how I got mine 3 or 4 years ago. The last one on ebay I saw did not sell as buy it now for a couple of quid. It is not a very good quality model even compared to the much hated cheaper Britains that everbody complains about it is mainly metal but the hitch is rubbish. Mine  had tyres on the wrong way round and I think the other 2 the dealer had did as well I fixed mine with hot water and a lot of care. I seem to remember a report in Classic tractor or vintage Machinery when these came out and I am sure it said Cerberus was involved with promo stuff for a well known football club in the U.K. Maybe it will be the same as the famous 1/32 massey 399  in 15 years time worth a mint who knows mine cost $15 so it will be worth keeping to find out. I think I may know of a 1/16 one  so I may have to see if that is for sale  as well if they are rare.

Regards

Robert