Rare Ford 5700

Deerepower

As an ex Ford Tractor dealer employee until 92; I've never seen or heard of one either. Like the TW 5 (De-rated TW 10 for the European market), no doubt this was a de-rated 6700. The 6700 was 78 hp based on the 6600 with a flat deck cab. I would imagine the 5700 to be based on the 5600 which from memory was 72 hp and fitted with a rotary, rather than in line fuel injection pump for some other strange reason. Again a specific market may have had a reason for specifying a lower horsepower with a flat deck cab. Maybe something to do with tax allowances or grants available etc..............dunno?  ???;):)

P.S. and it's got aircon too!!!!!!!!!

The Ford 5700 was on the market in The Netherlands for awhile. Must be around 1978. It's the same as a 6700, but just with a 68hp 5600 engine. Do not know how many were sold, but can't be that much. Will post the brochure later, as I am at work now.

Regards, Jack