Old Conversion Favourites

Powerstarâ„¢

Question

Let the rest of us know what home made conversions you used to do as a kid, or still do now, which is a real proper bodge job, but at the time did the job and was good, a few from me, I used to get implemets from car boot sales with no hitch and mum would make one out of wire, it would drag along the floor, but didn't worry me. Also I used to put Lego beacons on my tractors, and use elastic bands as ratchet straps on bales!

The wide Land Rover wheels bored out to fit onto a 4wd 7710 front axle, then completely butchered it by cutting out the grill, making a new one out of plastic embroidery mesh and painting it in force 3 livery, by hand, with too big a brush. What a waste!!

Bad-boy-ed-up a Defender 90 - still got that one.

Also did the glued on duals, Adie's dealing with that one now!

Front weights made from plasticine cut into cubes, pushed on and painted to match the chassis, that was one of the better ones.

Lots of buildings and yards, corrugated cardboard, timber from the joinery shop and bucket loads of self levelling flooring compound. That was a keeper - will probably use that when I get building again.

Hmmmmm, what else.... been a long time!!

put a fiat axle from my wore out 880, in my ford 5000 (errr, you know, the cheap britains, brown and white)...........what was i smoking

also put floaters on the back

had a mf2680 i painted the wheels silver and the cab

took the shoot of me tow behind britains silage harvester turned it 90 degrees, for side loading

if you take the corn front off you have instand grass front

i have a question for marky, i had a MF595 with a *** roll over frame infront of the steering wheel, was this a actual tractor?

that was a well used toy,

My sister got the Ford one - something to do with letting her join in with my fun - but it got turned into a scraper tractor [by me, not her obviously!] - bent mudguards, trashed grill, roll frame whipped off. Still got it somewhere, might get tidied up and pressed into service again with a homebrew scraper!