Claas Liner 3000

Jez

Not sure if anyone has reviewed this model so here goes, if they have then delete away Moderators  ;) ;)

One word of warning: Be carefull if you buy one, this model clearly isn't a toy

I got my UH claas liner yester day and boy what a model!!! The box is huge and straight away you can see the detail in every section.

I will add some pics and review as I go.

JagUpdate006.jpg

You can see from that picture roughly how detaled it is and possibly appreciate how detailed it is.

Starting at the front it has all the relevant pipes, hydraulic and electrical leading back to the control box along with the air tank for the air brakes.

JagUpdate008.jpg

At the back of the control box are the steel pipes going off to the hydraulic cylinders.

JagUpdate016.jpg

What isn't obvious is the black parts are actually springs just like the real machine. They move when it goes from folding to transport.

The detail continues on in the rear folding section.

There is even a cylinder for unlocking the back wings when folded.

JagUpdate010.jpg

Just like on the real machine there is an adjustment for final row width. This is hard to believe but if you unfold it carefully then the rotors do actually push out.

JagUpdate009.jpg

As for the rotors. Nothing left out here, apart from being able to remove them for transport but this is forgiven because you can love the whole machine down using the hydraulic cylinder on the back axle.

JagUpdate015.jpg

The motor used for rake height is even wired all the way back to the control box.

One thing if you do buy one then please make sure you move the tine arms so they look like they are acutally raking and not in the up position when they should be down.

JagUpdate012.jpg

Last few floded and un folded:

JagUpdate007.jpg

Summary.

An excellent amazingly detailed model that all should have.

As I said, it is certainly not a toy and would expect that if you treated it like one it will break.

Results:

Playabillity: 3 / 10

Accuracy: 10 / 10

Detailing: 10 / 10

Glad I bought it: Definately

Should you buy one? Yes if it is going on a shelf and not being used to rake carpet  ;) ;)

Nice revue Jez and as you say, terrific model in detail and accuracy. I have one in its own box, like you say, big box.  I've also got it in the set with the Claas Ares ATZ tractor. In this set, which is in a dealer box, the rake is in the transport mode thus taking up less space. This set, although it's not stated, is apparently limited and according to the dealer that I had it from, is hard to obtain.

hey nick, the UH rep from CHCH called in to work with one a month ago, i was busy  >:(

apparently its sharp

not worried thou, we sold about 6 of those real ones in the last couple years, and i had a lot to do with a pottinger 4 rotor

probably find the toy is a false representation, its more reliable ...............hahaha, naa they ain't too bad

Wow wonderfull review jez, gota find one in nz now, she is a stunning model, a must for any silage felt on the shelf

Cheers mate, i think i would go as far as saying it's my favourite model so far.

Good review Jez, I think there is a Rate and Review topic for this kind of thing  ??? What I like about it which may only be a small thing to others is; when attached and in the road position it sit's level even on a Britains tractor. Quite and important feature I reckon. Looks to be a fandabbydozee machine, I hope to get the set with the 657 in it one once upon a time.  :)

Good review Jez, I think there is a Rate and Review topic for this kind of thing  ??? What I like about it which may only be a small thing to others is; when attached and in the road position it sit's level even on a Britains tractor. Quite and important feature I reckon. Looks to be a fandabbydozee machine, I hope to get the set with the 657 in it one once upon a time.  :)

Cheers matey, maybe the mods could move this topic then.

One other poblem you have just reminded me of is when I put it onj my 7530 it wont run level and you actually lift it off the ground. I will post some pics later.

Cheers matey, maybe the mods could move this topic then.

One other poblem you have just reminded me of is when I put it onj my 7530 it wont run level and you actually lift it off the ground. I will post some pics later.

The 7530 and 718 are about 2mm higher mounted than the rest of the siku stuff jez  ;) ;) Both are idea for the 5f plow, holds in a good transport mode ;) ;)