John Deere 6920s Repaint

Heres a JD 6920s that i repainted it to make it more detailed and to make it look like the newer ones with the black back.i may need to change the decals as i think the 6920s never had a black back.I will be getting more paints for the interior.i will also be paint some engine detail in.right now i just got the steps paint,the gas tank and the back.i also paint the chassis to see what it would look like.as you can probably see this model looks old and ragged thats because i wanted to try it out on a beaten up one before going to the good models.i hope you like it and please give me tips on how to improve it.

post-1501-132638710132_thumb.jpg

post-1501-132638710134_thumb.jpg

thanks coxy but your the only one that said something :'(

Looks great Mate

Some times it takes some time that some one will reply just because not everyone is on the forum everyday and you easy miss topics :-[

So i noticed by myself :-[

Greatings Johny ;)

ok mate well this is what im calling my prototype so im testing things on it.im going to paint the grill on the bonnet black and then make it look like the newer ones.when this one is done i think ill get two more 6920s's and make them look like the 6930 and put uh wheels on.one valtra t wheels one  deutz fahr ttv wheels

ok mate well this is what im calling my prototype so im testing things on it.im going to paint the grill on the bonnet black and then make it look like the newer ones.when this one is done i think ill get two more 6920s's and make them look like the 6930 and put uh wheels on.one valtra t wheels one  deutz fahr ttv wheels

steps are green not silver, the only thing that changes on the basic ones are the back of the cab i black

yeah i know i just wanted to see what it would look like  as i said its a prototype so im testing a few things on it to see how it looks.what do you think of the paint i used on the interior?personaly i think its a little too light but it'll do

cheers mate i thought i would try it out on that old beaten up 6920s before i would go straight to the better models.it really is a old beaten up one.ill tell you s a little story to as what happened to this 6920s.once a upon a time i went to my local toymaster and bought it after months of excitement seeing it in the siku catalogue and then the after i get it out of the box my brother grabs it out of my hands then plays with it on the carpet and then he suddenly pushes it along very fast on the wooden floor and we had this metal joint between two rooms of different flooring and well the front link was down and guess what happens the front link has a collision with the metal flooring joint  and the front link just breaks off.also he dropped my jd 5410 down the stairs one day and the back hitch snapped off so it went to the next church sale :D.well thats the story hope you liked it if your a jd hater

hey everyone got some bad news about my experimental/prototype model i went to my local jd dealer and went looking for spray paint but they didnt have any then they gave me some enamel paint saying it would work but it doesnt when used it applies as a glossy and lumpy mess and well i paint most parts of my tractor with it and now its wrecked and i dont think i can do anything to salvage the model so i i think ill have to buy a new one and start all over again :'( :'( :'(

hey everyone got some bad news about my experimental/prototype model i went to my local jd dealer and went looking for spray paint but they didnt have any then they gave me some enamel paint saying it would work but it doesnt when used it applies as a glossy and lumpy mess and well i paint most parts of my tractor with it and now its wrecked and i dont think i can do anything to salvage the model so i i think ill have to buy a new one and start all over again :'( :'( :'(

the enamel paint has probably reacted with the other paint you have applied. try some whit spirits on it and take the paint back off using some fine sandpaper. if its and old model its worth a try and you have nothing to loose. itll give ya a bit of practice and experience with working with sandpaper and cleaning down paint and stuff.