Trailed Forager oh i cant decide

margerisons

Question

I'm thinking about making my own Trailed Forager,I'm open t what make as I wanted Taarup but too tricky to make and not enough pictures with every suggestion i ask you to have a photo of it or a link all help is greatly appreciated ;)

Got your pm mate. Will have a think, havn't done anything like this though. Depending on age you may find a baler pick up better suited width wise than the 695 style. For the spout, scratch build maybe?

well i want a modern- ish one was thinking using the nh small square baler pick up  or the nh large square baler pickup depending on what make i decide to do.heres a spout im thinking of using with some modifying mostly shortening  ;)

post-1501-132638819455_thumb.jpg

If you cut from the base of the ram 90deg aross the bottom of the spout you would dramatically change the angle at which it mounts. Making it very suited to the trailed foragers' upright spout rather than the slender spfh spouts mounting angle ;)

No I can't, I'm at a barbecue :P:D

Basically put the spout down on a surface in the position it would be mounted to the machine it came off. Rotate it anti-clockwise and you will find where it would look best suited to a trailed machine and cut. Then find the correct hieght/length and cut the other end.

(Deere-est Industries are not held repsonsible for injury or f*** ups!)

No I can't, I'm at a barbecue :P:D

Basically put the spout down on a surface in the position it would be mounted to the machine it came off. Rotate it anti-clockwise and you will find where it would look best suited to a trailed machine and cut. Then find the correct hieght/length and cut the other end.

(Deere-est Industries are not held repsonsible for injury or f*** ups!)

:D :D thats reassuring Tris. ill give it a wiz and if not ill ask ;)

Jez read my mind on the spout perfectly. Now, for an idea. How about cutting the drawbar and header mounting off of the Britains forager and turning it round. Thus putting the spout on the other side. Start all over again with the back now being the front. Build a new drawbar and build up the chopper unit from scratch. Could be a lot of work but worth considering maybe.