Some combine pics from this year

this will be the last year for this machine on our place this is its fourth season

and so far its cut  1.5 million bushels of grain  so its getting pretty wore out

it only has 1800 engine hrs on it though 1300 seperator hrs

were done now mate  just took me 2 weeks this year to combine 1200 acres of wheat 1100 acres of our own and i did 100 acres of contracting work

did the 100 acres in one day and then drove the combine back 20 miles to the yard easy money

as you can tell i didnt take the job at the john deere dealers  after some  more thinking i decided i liked to be in the cab  more than under the machines working on them

espeacialy after i was moving the combine down a road with the 30 ft header on and the a/c compresser decided to  seize up  and chewing the fan belt off so the combine overheated and thats where  i was stranded blocking a   road for a few hrs while the boss went for a new  compresser and i  fitted it put on a new belt and recharged the a/c

all in about 90f temps so that was the deciding factor of staying in the driving seat rather than fixing combines

heres the web site that is the place we get ours from we  have one that we can move from field to field in a close area by towing it with a tractor to get it to the next center point

http://www.centralvalleyinc.com/products/index.html

right now we have 14  of those pivots running  thats a lot of water were pumping out of the ground

yea then we have either big diesel engines  or electric or even  some  natural gas powerd engines running a big well pump sending  the water out to the sprinklers our best well produces 1800gals a minute  we just put a new engine on that a v8 chevy  engine running on  mains gas no  silencers just twin  straight pipes its loud as hell

we have one well site thats being driven by 2 old perkins engine like out of a land rover one runs the water well and the other runs the hyd pump to make the wheels on the pivot turn they are old engines and they just chug away  god knows how many hrs are on them they run 24 hrs a day just get turned off for a oil change then there running again  oily old buggers but they still keep on goin

well doing some spraying  put a little fert on some wheat stubble that we planted sunflowers right back in after we combined the wheat  then  some wheat stubble that the crop was poor the weeds soon grow after

and hauling crap with the wagon and spreading onto wheat stubble

got this little girl a week ago so loading the old crap spreader doesnt take long now its a beast 168hp

here it is without the bucket on  its first job was to come and lift the old combine the  rear axle broke off so i took it out to lift up the combine as i couldnt be arsed digging a hole to get a jack under the axle  it made  easy work of it

we get free sh!t from a 10,000 head cattle feeding outfit alls we have to do is  take it away  so it works out really good as fert is going to be 1000 dollars a ton this autmn

it just takes a long time to get a field done did 55 acres last week that was 70 odd wagon loads at 18 tons a load