ICI fertilizer DUMPY

come the revolution ! well it came & it went  :-\

who here remembers these ? i do, brilliant idea of it's time , & not ony fertilizer but firewood as well !

for years the wooden slats were either chopped for firewood, put on silage clamps or used as little ladders :D

click on pic to enlarge  :)

yes marcus remember them used to fly sheet 20 tonne loads out of bekesboure ici,with a volvo f7 , and the farm where i worked used the dumpy pallets to keep straw up of the ground  ;)

:D so easy to load without the worry of them falling over or against the curtains , & not being able to unload !

i was still hauling them out of what was then ICI avonmouth, on a renault 6wheel G290 & drag in 91 so they must have been some of the last batches of stock to go

was that the lorry you put pics up of with round bales on , was the pallets returnable as i remember takeing pallets back to avonmouth but may have been for small bags cwts not sure long time back , cwts marcus i think i would die now with 20 ton of them  :o :o :o

was that the lorry you put pics up of with round bales on , was the pallets returnable as i remember takeing pallets back to avonmouth but may have been for small bags cwts not sure long time back , cwts marcus i think i would die now with 20 ton of them  :o :o :o

yes that was the lorry i used , as far as i know the pallets wern't returnable , but the cwt pallets were as they usually had ICI stamped on the side of them , as for 20 ton of cwtsize bags ,it was only a pain in the back when no forklift was available  :( you ever notice how the farm became deserted when no fork lift was about  :D :D >:(

only done two load hand ball fertilzer , but used to go rotherhithe and pick peanuts up in catch weight s all dropping on your shoulder trying to guess near 20 ton nightmare job big hessian bags dusty used to them back for animal feed always return load,but like you say desserted if you turned up with feed that was in bags, sorry bit of a trip down memory lane there :D