help needed with cubicals

intey 434

Question

hey guys, my mate asked me to make him about 200 back- to -back cubicals but getting material isnt easy. i tried a local stainless steel engineer but all he could give me was 'tig' welding rods....then i found out the price.... :-[:-[ sixty quid per pack and i need two packs. can anyone help in material ideas ???

15 answers to this question

Use mild steel TIG rods and spray galvanise them once made.

These are much cheaper than stainless. surely you would get at least 2 cubicles from a TIG rod normally they are 2ft long ??? ???

ay a think that would be the best idea. i can get three cubicals out of one rod so i need about seventy rods...

What about galv wire.... not sure what it's true use is, straining wire for fencing, wiring fruit trees... ??? I've no idea, anyway, I've got a roll of it in my shed somewhere, probably only 20 quid a roll and you get 100 metres or something on a coil. If you make a little jig out of dowel rods fixed to a sturdy ply back panel I guess it would be pretty easy to bend it round the pegs and give it a squeeze with some pliers to get it to hold it's shape.... ???