How many of us collect Brochures

As the topic title really.. I'd like to know how may of us collect brochures  

40 members have voted

1. 1. As the topic title really.. I'd like to know how may of us collect brochures

• Yep.. I'm as sad as you Marky
    • No way.. not for me thanks

I collect brochures of the world since I was young and particularly 4WD, Big HP and crawlers tractors. I own a lot of brochures of current constructors and English brochures, if anyone want to exchange with me.  ;D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah !! I am also hooked.  :'( :'( :'(

I used to collect thousands of brochures when I grew up in Switzerland but unfortunatly just about all of these have been tossed before the gig move across the pond to Canada in 1979.

During the last few years I have started a new collection. I collect mainly new Brochures ( the ones you pick up at the local dealer or show for nothing  ;D ;D ;D )

But sometimes I purchase a few older ones. My main interests are Fendt, older Ford's and Harvestors of all kinds. But I also like Krone, Amazone, Claas, Poettinger, Kuhn, NH, JD, Case, Lemken, Kverneland and others.

If any of you have older Fords from the 70's I would possibly be interested. English or German is OK.

• 4 weeks later...

New to this forum so hear go's. I only thought it was me who collected brochures Did have around 20000 brochure but slowly downsizing due to space now i have kids and the wife needs room i shall keep my MF and Case IH and IH, and david brown brochures got more on machinery all from the late 70's to present day

New to this forum so hear go's. I only thought it was me who collected brochures Did have around 20000 brochure but slowly downsizing due to space now i have kids and the wife needs room i shall keep my MF and Case IH and IH, and david brown brochures got more on machinery all from the late 70's to present day

welcome aboard BigX500.... good to have you hear... is that a 20,000  ???:o :o :o

I've god a wad of Case IH and IH leaflets and brochures about 6 inches thick from the 1990's if anyone is looking for some or one for a particular model from that era, perhaps They should be put in the 'classified' section. I only collect David Brown printed ephemora myself.

I've god a wad of Case IH and IH leaflets and brochures about 6 inches thick from the 1990's if anyone is looking for some or one for a particular model from that era, perhaps They should be put in the 'classified' section. I only collect David Brown printed ephemora myself.

After the 5100 maxxum PRO from the late 90's

How many David Brown leaflets are there to collect Tim ???

If you count the ones that were printed for the rest of the world as well as the U.K market, literally thousands. When you consider that David Brown exported tractors to 96 countries there are a lot out there. I only collect the U.K ones specifically and I do have a couple of U.S ones, or North America to be more precise as some of these differ very little from the U.K ones apart from certain specifications and word spellings, for example, a U.K brochure will say that a 990 Selectamatic is 'capable of pulling a four furrow plough' whereas the North American version will say 'will pull a four bottom plow'.

After the 5100 maxxum PRO from the late 90's

Just had a look at them and the majority of them are the C, CX and MX tractor brochures. If you PM me a list of models you are looking for I'll have a rummage and get back to you. All these brochures came from a dealer that changed over to Claas and were never opened.

Powerabbit is right...David Browns were exported all over the world and most countries (Sweden, Holland, Germany, USA, etc) have their own literature. The possibilities are endless.

For example, I've just taken delivery, via the States and eBay, of three DB brochures on the first 'white' tractors produced for the Nth American NAEDA organisation. These were actually based on Implematic tractors and pre-dated the European launch of the Selectamatic range by around 6 months, I believe. I think from memory the brochures were printed in the UK, though.

They came with some other more modern John Deere brochures for the Nth American market.

To me, any tractor brochure of any age is interesting. My collection has no main theme, although MF (approx 3000 items) and Ford/New Holland (approx 2000 items) are the best-represented in terms of the total number of brochures, mainly because of their domination of the UK market and in the case of MF, the world market.

I collect pretty much what comes along at a sensible price and rarely chase specific items unless it's to fill a gap in the collection. Likewise, modern literature interests me just as much as the really old stuff. Like Mr Ferguson, I have a particular interest in some of the overseas brochures produced by MF, Ford, etc

Regards

R Day

2 of my favorite MF brochures Common maybe but a still think the 698 was the best MF of all time especially when turbo ed had 2 on the farm both with turbo and spent many of hour with trailed choppers, I still think they sound sweeter than the 6cyl with there straight trough stainless steel exhaust and turbo whistle, I will try and post some photo's.

Both my dad and me collect brochures/leaflets, i have quite a collection back in the uk. A few years ago my dad sorted out what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to throw out, but his first port of call after he sorted was to a gentleman called stuart gibbard, who came and had a look at what he wanted, took what he wanted for a small fee, and dad binned the rest.

Both my dad and me collect brochures/leaflets, i have quite a collection back in the uk. A few years ago my dad sorted out what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to throw out, but his first port of call after he sorted was to a gentleman called stuart gibbard, who came and had a look at what he wanted, took what he wanted for a small fee, and dad binned the rest.

Never bin any leaflets or brochures.  ;) With hindsight even the 'binned' ones are worth money nowadays, even if they don't seem to be that interesting. Even the modern ones will command a price in ten years from now as there will be none of the tractors left. For something that was and still is free from the dealers. I say carry on collecting!