corn trailer

Pete

when i was smaller our neighbouring farmer used small bins fastened onto 3t tipper trailers, the back of the bin was shaped like a funnel with a slidding hatch at the end. :) Anyone know what i mean and is there any pictures out there ??? ??? ;)

when i was smaller our neighbouring farmer used small bins fastened onto 3t tipper trailers, the back of the bin was shaped like a funnel with a slidding hatch at the end. :) Anyone know what i mean and is there any pictures out there ??? ??? ;)

blimey havent seen one of those for years mate  :o

no tris not for storage , you've bound to have seen them all it was is a flatbed 3t fergie trailer with a fabricated bin / tub ?which was strapped or bolted to the floor of the trailer , as said above about 2/3rds back the sides would funnel intothe grain shute , i supose bagger combines were on their way out bulkers were on their way in , small fergie trailers wern't equiped with high sides  so was propably a quick fix till trailer manufactures caught upwith high sides.

i would imagine many were scrapped , but i'll keep an eye out for one on my travels they do come round every so often

• 1 month later...

the most prolific manufacturer of trailer corn bins were tampkins and wheatley trailers