Carting bales and Harvest in AUSSIE land

Spud

hey everyone long time no see, i havnt been on here for a while i been buzy and havnt bought any models in ages cause of the american dollar going south which makes it a bit more expencive to get them over here.

any way i got some pics to show u from today

me out with the 7740 and 34ft trailer carting bales

P1000210.jpg

P1000211.jpg

P1000212.jpg

P1000213.jpg

P1000215.jpg

Different mudguards on that Elite to UK spec, we get the T7000 versions... had a 6040 Elite on demo before we bought the 6030, what do you think of her...?

best tractor i have driven sofar u cannot beat full cab suspension and all the other comforts that come with it i spend all day and night in it without a problem

and RjW plent of snakes mate i seen 4-5 already killed 1

cheers

Reece

They're a nice machine aren't they. We love our 6030+. The 6040 was very nice but we do a lot of road work and found the 4 pot struggled a bit up the banks, was a bit short and bouncy with a full trailer on and it was a tad expensive in Elite spec which was all you could get that one in. Plus we like the noise the 6 pot made and found it a bit torquier on the power harrow  ;)::):D :D

They're a nice machine aren't they. We love our 6030+. The 6040 was very nice but we do a lot of road work and found the 4 pot struggled a bit up the banks, was a bit short and bouncy with a full trailer on and it was a tad expensive in Elite spec which was all you could get that one in. Plus we like the noise the 6 pot made and found it a bit torquier on the power harrow  ;)::):D :D

yeah the 6s have a bit more guts especialy in the lower revs aswell

They do seem to hold on a bit longer lower down the range. I did some flail topping with the 6040 - think I posted a video up here of Mrs H driving it somewhere - and it went well, you could feel the power boost coming in when it bogged down in a patch of thistles, but found it to be very thirsty. Lovely machines though.... this is a UK spec 6040 Elite by the way, the one we tried...

post-1414-132638977115_thumb.jpg

excellent pictures. The Horwood Bagshaw combine/header is something different. Does it have a stripper header or is he just cutting the tops of the heads? What do you call the cutting head if the combine is known as a header in Oz?

it works exactly the same as a big harvester cuts just below the heads then its all pushed to the end and up the elevator then gets threshed out etc