Fendt tractors

Udimore

Is it me or are Fendt tractors starting to take over Europe ???

Being a ford loving tractor boy perhaps i have tunnel vision and need to remove my head from the clouds ;)

But nearly everyone i speak to seems to be buying Fendt's at the minute even the once a John Deere owner always a John Deere owner seem to purchasing them.

Whats going on ??? Are they as good as all that ???

About this way the dealer has been pushing Fendts over MF for the last few years, they are a good drivers tractor, and very economical on fuel,  however the ?200000 price tag for 2 of them before discounts and trade in put our man off them. John Deere owners round here are now buying anything but due to a few problems in certain quarters, won't say any more as i don't know who might read this ;):D

I think Fendt's have become more available through the reconstruction of the Claas dealerships a few years ago. It gave farmers good dealers within reach of most of the themselves, removing there exclusivity to a degree. I guess with AGCO's takeover this was only helped along. The price has kept a similar line but the likes of Deere have krept up and up. Obviously this is going to open more doors for Fendt in the end. If you see MF in the same dealership as Fendt, (well I would) you'd think Fenst was more affordable and Massey getting beter. Got to be good for both brands hasn't it?

How much Gavin ??? ???

Also heard that JD Europe are in trouble mind you think that may be Renault is that right ???

The qoute we had was arround ?198 000 for 2 818 (180hp) Fendts, that came down to ?99 000 after trade in and discounts, but its still a hell of an investment given the present farming climate.

My comment beneath the picture<<<( if thats what you mean) is referring to the fact that the Renault tractors all have JD engines fitted in them. I only know that here in Norfolk people aren't getting good service from the biggest JD dealer, not very good service backup and a lot of trouble with a couple of models here.

yeah, i get the general idea. it seems here that John Deere got to big for their boots, my boss won't even entertain them and his farther has switched to Mccormick and Claas tractors instead of them, they won't even buy anything off the dealer now, all the other tractor dealers say if you want a second hand JD, go out of Norfolk, it will cost less! I think JD are developing a very shakey reliability record here now, much like Renaualt did, although the newer Claas ones are improving things.

I know quite a few people that drive them and they love them the transmission is unbeatable and even though the cabs samll supposed to be made up by all the technologie in them. The headland system is great and unbeatable only one that comes close is masseys GTA console but the whole way they are built can be beaten alot of people round here are selling there JDs to buy fendt and massey with both of there sales going through the roof but fendts are lovely machines i think they diserve there good repetation

It all depends on the spec of the machine because if you spec a MF 8480 up to the same as the Fendt 930 there is still a slight difference in price about ?10,000 - ?15,000 (but this was before the new 8400's with 50k transmission etc) in the end so alll the way through it on the cvt masseys it's about 10-20% depending on spec you go for.but on a dynashift massey anything up to 20-25% difference.  But it changes from year to year so i'll ask my local dealer on a direct comparison in price

It all depends on the spec of the machine because if you spec a MF 8480 up to the same as the Fendt 930 there is still a slight difference in price about ?10,000 - ?15,000 in the end so alll the way through it on the cvt masseys it's 10% but on a dynashift massey anything up to 20-25% difference

thats a similar story to what it's like here too

Its all on what kind you would like as the for real heavy draft work i would go for the Massey as it has a 8.4 litre engine compared to 6.87 litre engine for things like drilling and mowing would be the fendt but for simba soloing and ploughing it would be the Massey

They are very economic machines which does help in todays climate but i manage a tank for a day and half pulling 6 16" furrows on a MF 8240 so masseys arn't bad either but i think Fendts would win every single time so i'm not trying to compare  :D :D

Just wondering if chandlers are still dealers for M.F. and Fendt, and i see it around my way too that jds are loosing out in the last few years to other makes, one local contractor both 4 bran new 6820s about two years ago or os but when i was talking to him in the summer, he said he wasnt happy with there performance at all as they were giving a bit of trouble, so last year he baught valtra and McCormicks instead and even saying that my boss who 90% jd had claas out on demo for the whole summer and its lookin likely that there well be a few class tractors coming in the next few months