sizeing down

1/32 farmer

Question

17 answers to this question

all my measure ments are in MM and all ways come out .something do you round up or down

I'd say the usual rules apply ie. 0.1-.049 round down 0.51- 0.99 round up - 0.5mm I would work too if you can most things are available in .25mm increments - (From my limited knowledge though it has to be said) - Nearest as you can is the rule I suppose.  I bought myself a digital vernier gauge recently (?20 I think) - best investment I've made in a long while for model work ;)

thanks marky look like i will be busy over the hols making a model ;) ;) ;)

Would prefer it if one of the experts gave you their opinion really 1/32 - That's the way I would work - It works for spud boxes and barns but I'm not sure the same rules apply for conversions - Any takers chaps  ???

This may help a little for measurement of the materials

http://www.urbaneagle.com/data/plastruct.html

but if you want to do an exact replica measure in mm then devide by 32    eg 2400mm / 32 =75mm then you will still have to take the nearest material size to suit

hope this helps a little

SMURF