Sell your house and buy a Doe 180

stehos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well chaps, he replied to my message late last night, and this is what he wrote: "hi there, thanks for your comment, obviously youre not up to speed on what a Doe 180 Triple D  is.  HAPPY BIDDING."

I think not.......!!        ;)

i believe that tractor is ex R.A.INCE AND SONS and was a conversion of older doe

i believe that tractor is ex R.A.INCE AND SONS and was a conversion of older doe

authentication of it being a genuine doe built tractor would be consequtive serial numbers for front and back tractors and an overall doe serial number.with does having stopped building tandem tractors  because of competition and safety cab laws this would have seen doe production ceasing in early nineteen seventies. the rear tractor appears to be carrying a "P" PREFIX REGISTRATION which of course is much later. that would make the rear tractor a late ford 7000 and would not fit in with does ceasing production earlier. i very much doubt does would have built or converted that tractor that late these are my reasons to believe it is a farm built example. as for the vendor saying dont realise what the doe 180 is ??? is an extremely arrogant attitude. please if anyone has the article about the doe 180 sale four years ago  check out the story and tractors registration then post up findings.

authentication of it being a genuine doe built tractor would be consequtive serial numbers for front and back tractors and an overall doe serial number.with does having stopped building tandem tractors  because of competition and safety cab laws this would have seen doe production ceasing in early nineteen seventies. the rear tractor appears to be carrying a "P" PREFIX REGISTRATION which of course is much later. that would make the rear tractor a late ford 7000 and would not fit in with does ceasing production earlier. i very much doubt does would have built or converted that tractor that late these are my reasons to believe it is a farm built example. as for the vendor saying dont realise what the doe 180 is ??? is an extremely arrogant attitude. please if anyone has the article about the doe 180 sale four years ago  check out the story and tractors registration then post up findings.

unsure if r .a.inces were cabridgeshire or bedfordshire  i suspect bedfordshire , the tractor carries registration  KEW 403P which is a 1975/76 year registration and the KE is a luton bedfordshire registration for that period. it would be nice to prove the providence of this tractor.

That's quite cool Pete... ;D Power ???

Yes she is very cool Simon  ;) Power yes.. it´s Volvo mate  :D;D

I'm sure i've seen a Volvo Doe style model conversion somewhere!

What  :o :o :o wwhh..eh..Where Barry  :-X :'(  :o???

I have thinking to do one for a very long time,just need two 600 Autodrome kits  :o :o

If you could sell your house.Anyone want a holiday home on the West Coast of Ireland

I could live with that  :o

Yes she is very cool Simon  ;) Power yes.. it´s Volvo mate  :D;D

What  :o :o :o wwhh..eh..Where Barry  :-X :'(  :o???

I have thinking to do one for a very long time,just need two 600 Autodrome kits  :o :o

I could live with that  :o

after a morning of phone calls i have some doe information. does never built 180 tandem tractors as a series build- does never designated a 180 doe tractor so the 180 is not officially recognised as a doe tractor. two ford 7000s would have been rated at 188 horsepower anyway. this tractor was built by a gentleman called johnathan moore and nothing to do with does. the tractor obviuosly does not have a doe serial number because it is not a doe tractor. yes does did up grade and convert older doe 130 tractors at customers requests- these rebuilt tractors carried serial numbers and registration number from old donor tractors as the old donor tractors officially no longer existed. the ford 7000/5000 combination captured in stuart gibbards excellent book was a rebuilt doe 130 and carried an "E" registration and is believed to have been converted back to two tractors. one of the ince  built doe 188 is believed to have survived and is in preservation currently. so as for being sold as unique  yes in someways it is- a very nice conversion/self build with original components but to current knowledge of well reknowned experts a doe tractor it certainly is not!. great thanks is owed to alwyn blatherwycke  of the doe owners club and the fountain of knowledge that is mr stuart gibbard. if you can find an old doe 130 subframes/ turntable and controls with a decent pair of ford 7000s build one yourself!. i hope uh dont go copying this tractor as it is not a true doe tractor.

I sent the seller a message proffering much the same information to him the other day and asked if he could prove the provenance of the tractor. Al l I got in reply was to phone Harry!

i certainly not going to argue with the two respected  knowledgable gentleman i spoke too this morning as far as i am concerned it is not an officiaL DOE TRACTOR AND IF THE SELLER CANNOT PROVE DOE PROVENANCE THEN CLAIMS REFFERING TO THE TRACTOR MUST BE FALSE. NO PROVENANCE THEN NO WAY. A CASE OF PROVE IT! I JUST THINK IT IS SO SAD TO ATTEMPT TO CASH IN THE CLASSIC TRACTOR MARKET IN THIS FASHION. TO SELL IT AS A CONVERSION FAIR ENOUGH BUT AS A DOE BUILT TRACTOR IS WRONG. HE HAS CLEVERILY TITLED IT AS DOE TRACTOR BUT IF ITS NOT RECOGNISED BY DOES THEN IT IS NOT A DOE.  IF PROVENANCE TURNED UP TO THE CONTARY TO EXPERT KNOWLEDGE  THEN I WOULD OFFER AN APOLOGY BUT ITS A CASE OF PUT UP OR SHUT UP. THE OWNESS IS ON THE SELLER.

Hi

Looks a lot like the Volvo "Doe" belonging to a guy named Keld who lives a 20 minute drive away from me here in Denmark, is that correct Peter ??

I have a link to his webpage somewhere.

Sonny

Yes Sonny that is correct,and it is build in Denmark to  :);)

Yes Sonny that is correct,and it is build in Denmark to  :);)

Yes, I know, the were built a few Volvo (tandem's) as we call them in Denmark, I have pictures of some in my archives, and a book with additional info and pictures. About a 1-1/2 year ago I visited Keld at his place for a ploughing competing (guest, not competing), he has a great Volvo collecting (Volvo is my second favourite, IH my first) so it was very exciting to have a look, there was also a Volvo BM 350 Boxer (Doe/Tandem) tractor which he had borrowed for the day.

My father also like's Volvo, so his collecting has Volvo 320, 400, 425, 350 (4 or 5 I think), 470, 600, 650, 700, 2654 (The KING of the collection), and is hoping to expand with a few 800'series in time.

Link to Keld webpage http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/BM-Volvo-Keld

Sonny

unsure if r .a.inces were cabridgeshire or bedfordshire  i suspect bedfordshire , the tractor carries registration  KEW 403P which is a 1975/76 year registration and the KE is a luton bedfordshire registration for that period. it would be nice to prove the providence of this tractor.

Not quite.  The area indicator is the last 2 letters of the prefix, not the first 2.  Therefore it is EW which was Huntingdon  ;)

I think Ernest Doe & Sons produced their last original build in 1968 when 3 'Doe 150' were built which were 2 Ford 'Force' 5000's joined.

The 130's that Does refurbished were rebuilt with 2 x 75hp 5000 skid units, or uprated by using the 75hp 5000skid at the front, and a 94hp 7000 at the rear. As they were only refurbished, they retained the original 130 registration number (and in any case re-registering them as new would fall foul of safety cab legislation). 

Not quite.  The area indicator is the last 2 letters of the prefix, not the first 2.  Therefore it is EW which was Huntingdon  ;)

I think Ernest Doe & Sons produced their last original build in 1968 when 3 'Doe 150' were built which were 2 Ford 'Force' 5000's joined.

The 130's that Does refurbished were rebuilt with 2 x 75hp 5000 skid units, or uprated by using the 75hp 5000skid at the front, and a 94hp 7000 at the rear. As they were only refurbished, they retained the original 130 registration number (and in any case re-registering them as new would fall foul of safety cab legislation). 

spot on mate at least someone else knows there doe stuff- just adds weight that the guy is trying to pass off a genuine doe that isnt case closed job done i reckon between everyone  its a fake

Very good detective work chaps.I think he needs a message with this bad news!!

Lets face it,with the financial crisis at the moment,who in their right mind would advertise something like this with a ridiculously daft starting bid,hoping to sell it,................................let alone get a single bid on it !!  ;)

Very good detective work chaps.I think he needs a message with this bad news!!

Lets face it,with the financial crisis at the moment,who in their right mind would advertise something like this with a ridiculously daft starting bid,hoping to sell it,................................let alone get a single bid on it !!   ;)

whats that he arrogantly said to you unkelfergus you not upto speed with what a doe 180 is ??? oh yes we are :P :P :P :P so whos laughing now  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D