My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never intended having so many but i find it invaluable keeping one of each to refer to and copy from when im doing the next one....otherwise id be doing more headscratching at the start of every build...also when i go to model shows i can bring them all along rather than panicking a few weeks before shows trying to get a selection built....

ive banville hotel in banbridge on thur 2nd apr.....portrush minitrac fri 9th april....moira on 2nd may,ill be attending more shows from now on and hope to start travelling across to englands shows in due course......

more,pity we couldnt have black smoke in our model diaramas,ill keep adding to this page throughout the year.....setting up my newest foragers on suitable tractors as i make them,ive so many to get through and hopefully ill eventually get through them all.....im hoping they dont get any more difficult to make than taarup or class,their a bit of a handful

post-1779-13263906474_thumb.jpg

the pottinger and mengele usually 3.5 days...the class would be over 4 days def...the taarup 622 and ten x prob 4 and surprisingly the smaller side mounts are time consuming,maybe 3 days for 2 of them.....basically there is a lot of time involved in most of them...i quite enjoy building the mengele though....im always looking for new one,s to add...ive found now after building them for a while that there are really no short cuts,if it,s going to look real then i have to put in the time,i dont even think having a mould would help much as its all bit by bit adding,sanding,filling until i end up with what i want,ive always liked my own model collection to look as real as possible and foragers especially have to be or they just dont look right

Unreal the work infront of us mere mortals when they are all on show together. I love the Taarup and the New Hollands but my favourite scene has to be the two Deere's with the Claas.

The two MF's are pretty sharp looking beasts too. I hope the trip over the water is worth your while when you make it. It would be great to see these for real. ...  :)

Archived