My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill hopefully be getting to improve this 880 soon....i done my 900 some time ago and will be doing the same kind of work to the 880 in time...new steering axle,driver,barrells and god knows what else will be improved along the way

post-1779-132639593235_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639593305_thumb.jpg

ive nearly enough taarup gear to do a field demonstration

thats something we never see in layouts is it...get the flag poles up and some cars parked .I can see it all coming together (in my head at least)       

great models too the  high quality of your builds continues

after see,ing the pictures of the real one i was very impressed at how proffessional the job was...the upper drawbar was cut and the whole engine sits on the lower drawbar thus leaving a straight driveline from the flywheel...........i have also fitted the battery as per real one,complete with battery leads

post-1779-132639594198_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639594217_thumb.jpg

here is a picture of the real one,you will notice how professional the job is................the forager must have been partly or all repainted after the engine conversion was carried out,i think this because the new engine and bonnet etc are now pottinger colours and the rail over the reel would originally been yellow in colour,so my model is based on the pics i was given and i followed them faithfully.....

post-1779-132639594263_thumb.jpg

and here is a sneak preview of my next job....a ACTIV M combine from early 60,s......was lucky enough to find a real one so paid a visit last week and measured it all up and took a "few" pics to help me in the build

post-1779-132639594348_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639594365_thumb.jpg

the combine is an activ m.................the perkins mounted on the drawbar in this way would provide the maximum hp straight into the machines driveshaft,there would be no power loss whatsoever.....id love to hear this machine in action and listen to the big perkins growling as the sward gets heavy,a massive relief on the tractor at silage making time

i honestly wouldnt know about new holland balers man......there was very few forage harvesters factory fitted with engines as far as i know,cant remember ever see,ing a factory fitted engine to a forager.....maybe someone else out there does????

i honestly wouldnt know about new holland balers man......there was very few forage harvesters factory fitted with engines as far as i know,cant remember ever see,ing a factory fitted engine to a forager.....maybe someone else out there does? ???

Claas use to do the Jaguar 62E and 71/75E

Archived